Caught Wife Cheating

by roflcopter 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Scully has some good advice there.

She's most likely hoping you'll leave and she can sweep everything under the carpet and avoid a Judicial Committee. Give her the opportunity to confess first, if she doesn't then turn her in.

Tell the elders that you asked her to leave her job and talk to the elders and she refused. It is highly unlikely she'd be able to avoid a disfellowshipping. I believe that as her husband you even have a right to attend her JC. Might be interesting to get some closure on the marriage. I suspect that she intends to claim that you were affecting her scripturally and she had the affair as the only way out.

As for finances, pull a credit report and cancel any active credit lines that are in both your names. It is likely that she'll just dump the whole thing on you, but don't let her rack up any more and don't share a bank account.

• jibberish
    jibberish

So sorry to hear of your wife cheating on you. So painful.

From someone who's been in similar shoes....you certainly have the right to seperate from each other at this point. Tell her you need time to think things over. This way you make doubly sure there is no more sex to reaffirm the marriage in the elder's eyes.

If you seperate from her (with her thinking it is with the intention of possibly taking her back) then you will have a a clearer mind and heart and you can make your decisions accordingly.

If you plan on divorcing her, don't tell her till you make sure she confesses and you get your affairs in order. Like cancel her off any credit lines that are zeroed out, get a seperate bank account to put your checks into, if you have direct deposit get that switched to your account. Perphaps get a PO box for your mail to go to for the time being. Find a good attorney. All of this can be done before you make known your intenetions to the elders or your wife.

Time takes care of everything.

Let us know how it's going.

Take care,

Jibberish

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

You have much good advice. Think it through and act quickly! Move on with your life don't let this fester like an old wound. Start a new and fresh life. She won't leave her job, which means she will still see this witness and carry on with him. Clean up your financials as suggested here. Report her and him to the elders. Your young enough to put it behind you and enjoy your freedom.

Blueblades

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Move on! There is no reason to stay in such a situation, it just means more pain.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

After all the criticism of the disfellowshipping procedure on this board, why are some on this thread so eager to have this woman disfellowshipped?

Is disfellowshipping just after all?

Or is this woman undeserving of justice?

Slim

• R.F.
    R.F.

After all the criticism of the disfellowshipping procedure on this board, why are some on this thread so eager to have this woman disfellowshipped?

Is disfellowshipping just after all?

Or is this woman undeserving of justice?

Slim

Revenge perhaps? As was already stated, ruining their position with the organization that they so covet.

But I wouldn't do it, i'm not vengeful.

• Odrade
    Odrade

SBF: I'm not above using their own stick to beat them with. Presumably that is the sentiment being expressed here.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

Wow thank you for all the support. I had a long talk with my mother in law this morning. She told me she had already caught my wife talking alot with him and counseled her on it about how she is married and should not be doing so.. Just none of this ever got to my ear. Her mother is very upset by all that I have told her (at least the fam isnt angry at me). I want to leave, but at the same time I have no support group, this woman has forced me to burn so many bridges in my life. I really have no where to go really. So that is the only thing I have to ponder on really now, is what do I do from there. It's not as easy as saying "pick yourself up son and start over." oooh noo, there is way more work involved than that. /roflcopter

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Couldn't she go live with her mother?

• cab1000
    cab1000

I hate to say it, but been there, done that, too. Try this website: www.ojar.com it helped me quite a bit, for great pointers, and to know that I was not alone. You should also see: www.marriagebuilders.com , no matter which way you go....best of luck...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit