Hi all, I've been lurking.........

by jibberish 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome!

Skeeter

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, way to go Jibberish! Congratulations on finding your way out, and into the arms of a good man. I wish you and your precious kids the very best.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    I appreciate your story, but I find it hard to believe, and kind of haughty of you to assume any man would go through all the efforts of courtship, and everything that goes with it, just so he could have the pleasure of finally getting in your pants. Damn; are you some super model or something? Even if you were, NO MAN is going to go thru all that JW courtship crap just so he could finally get some action.

I just wanted to address this comment: yes, now that I'm not a witness, I can see that believing that was haughty, but in my (and jibberish's) defence, all I'd been told all my life about non-JW men was that the only thing they want is to get into womens pants, and they'll do anything to do it. It also hadn't occurred to me that courting a JW is hellish hard work and that any man who wants to put himself through it is worth his weight in gold, or at least a little action. I suspect that most JW girls were raised with the same delusions.

• jibberish
    jibberish

I appreciate your story, but I find it hard to believe, and kind of haughty of you to assume any man would go through all the efforts of courtship, and everything that goes with it, just so he could have the pleasure of finally getting in your pants. Damn; are you some super model or something? Even if you were, NO MAN is going to go thru all that JW courtship crap just so he could finally get some action.

I apologize to all if I sounded "haughty". On the other hand Integ, it is haughty of you to make assumptions from someone's comments. If you had all the facts I think you would feel differently, then again - maybe not.

After getting out of a bad marriage and looking back at the past 17yrs and now knowing what a healthly, loving relationship is supposed to be like, I have to say there are "exceptions to the rule". I have other reasons why I feel the way I do, but I feel no need to elaborate on that portion of my personal life with the ex.

The problem with me is that I (used to) assume that every person that got baptised and became a JW now had a pure heart and was "washed clean" like the scriptures say and they would never return to their "former ways". Boy have I ever had a rude awakening.

Jib

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

PS..........I let my "wordly husband" BURN all of my books JW one day in March. I knew most folks here on JWD would be so proud of me!! :)

and BTW.......everthing the borg says is Jibberish to me now.

Your story really made me smile - well the ending mainly! I am so glad you have such an excellent hubby! Very proud indeed and Jibberish makes sense now! As a signin name!

• integ
    integ

It's not haughty at all to make judgements based another persons comments; if you read the posts we are doing that all the time. If we didn't make judgements on other peoples comments nobody would say anything on this board.

You said "once he got what he wanted'. That makes it sound to me (imo) like you were suggesting that this guy jumped thru all those ridiculous JW hoops of courtship for the one time shot of going to bed with you. If you had said that he was only in the relationship for sex, it would sound a lot more reasonable.

Maybe that's what you meant. Maybe not.

Not a judgement, an observation. I merely stated what it sounded like.

• jibberish
    jibberish
    If you had said that he was only in the relationship for sex, it would sound a lot more reasonable.

Oh, excuse me for not being more careful and making sure my thoughts "sound a lot more reasonable". Ha ha.

Just this "woman's" perspective on my life.

• unique1
    unique1

I am glad you are happy and out. I do hope that your 6 year old can find new friends and realize that Religious decisions are something that each individual makes as an adult. That adults like Gramma and Grandpa choose their religion and their religion doesn't like people of other religions or people that don't want to be in their religion. I would then show her scriptures on tolerance and love. Then I would make sure she knew that she would not have to become any religion ever unless she decides to as an adult. I would also invite all her school friends over at every possible opportunity because she probably needs some new ones after the cong. split. With time she will see that being non-jw at school is soooo much cooler than being a JW.

GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome Jib and thanks for your willingness to share your story with us. I know I am proud of you for burning all that jibberish. Glad you are here with us.

Leslie

• Alana
    Alana

Welcome to JWD, Jibberish! Your story sounds like mine in parts. I hope you find this Board as helpful as I have.

~"Alana" (of the "out around 10-years now...and happy with life" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit