What Actually Made You Leave The "Truth"?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

After armegedon came and went in 75, I figured I didnt have to go to meetings anymore they were boring, I just went to be in the ark and get thru the big A.

• moshe
    moshe

The GB's warranty sucked.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Shawn, that's an interesting situation to be put in!

I left because I realized I no longer needed people to tell me right from wrong.

• minimus
    minimus

You have to wonder why the Society continues contributing to people leaving by being unkind and unloving. It's what breaks the back of most persons because of their hardline stance. OBVIOUSLY, they really don't care about showing love and it's not THEIR identifying quality. Their treatment of people---whether they are JWs or not is amazing! If you, as a Witness belong to a different class or caste, you are either very much sought after or very much avoided. Witness "love" is conditional upon you following the program. If you don't have the herd mentality, if you are even a little bit independent, you won't be a "happy, joyful" Witness. Give them your heart, mind and soul, and act like a Stepford family member and you just might die a happy JW.

• codeblue
    codeblue

wow...Min...you posted in red.

You do feel what I feel......about the org......

and to think I was in it from the age of 5 till 45..........

that made me who I am and an identifier of hypocrisy though........

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I looked around and said "I do not belong here."

Thought the exact same thing at a service meeting...it was my last service meeting, that was 5 years ago.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

myself, mainly due to when i was going thru the darkest days of my life the only advice i got was " do more" go out in service more, prepare for meetings more, pray more..... none of those things helped and i really felt like a lost sheep with shepards that didn't care. i was ignored, and felt invisible and worthless. basically i gave all i had to give and it was never enough.

the generation change knocked the wind out of me too, i realized at that moment that my grandma and great grandma , loyal , faithful witnesses from the 1930's on, if they were alive today , their beliefs as jehovahs witnesses in their time would be considered apostate beliefs , things had changed so much.

i had a few terrible years where i put the blame on myself for not being enough, for having doubts, then i found the ex jw community and information online and realized i didnt leave any "TRUTH" at all.

• golf2
    golf2

Min, for doing at the things you mentioned, they did my wife and I a FAVOR. No regrets.

Golf

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I haven't actually left so strictly speaking I am not entitled to answer this question. However, being emotionally drained by too many judicials (some of them involving abuse/incest) , resulting in neglecting my family, followed by reading C of C followed by visiting a world renowned university expert on earthquakes and knowing there have been less/the same earthquiakes since 1914. Bu the the clincher - reading The Parable of the Prodigal Son in the bible with an open mind and then Units 5A, 5B, 5C of the Elders Text Book "Pay Attention to yourselves and All the Flock" commonly known as the flock book AND YOU KNOW " THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE".

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Discovered on my own that it was developmental mental illness, probably brought on by mind controlling suggestions of fear and coercion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit