What Actually Made You Leave The "Truth"?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me it was a combination of things over a long period of time. Being raised as a Witness, you do things by rote. But when you see sooooooooo many Watchtower inconsistencies, mistreatment of the "brothers", elder abuse, and simple lack of love, it begins to make you start seriously thinking. Then you read Franz' books that show how the leaders of the WT. manipulate people and facts and then there's no denying it that the Organization is based upon deception, lies and and two-facedness. Eventually, all you need is for one person to say the wrong thing to you---and BAM! just like that you're gone!!

But the truth is, it usually takes a long time to get to that point. That's why I believe there are a number of Witnesses that are disillusioned but they're not yet ready to get out.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I don't want to slander my ex husband so I will just say that I married as a teen and lots of things that happened after that was enough to make me walk away. The way I was treated by the elders when I left him, just some of the things I was told the guilt tripping I was put through by them to get back with him no matter what had happened. We were both too young- he in his 20's, me a teenager, so I don't hold any of what all happened against him. We were too young to be married and we were all wrong for each other. By the way not all teen marriages are based on sex. I married too young to get out of my parents house- a poor choice looking back but at the time it looked like a plan.
    But just after all that a bad taste was left in my mouth after the whole thing. I couldn't continue going somewhere listening to people teach me when I could not muster up even the smallest amount of respect for the ones who were supposed to be teaching me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Everytime I would point out bullsh*t.Someone would whitewash it..And..Put a cherry on top.....I got tired of it all..SO..I just walked away....."Bye!!..See you all later!..Have fun in RetardLand!"..All Praise ..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• wednesday
    wednesday

The complete lack of love and prolonged abuse and rejection.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Lies, lies and more lies.

AlanF

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I got sick and tired of being a good little God-boy. I wanted to get drunk, take drugs, smoke, and fornicate daily.

W

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was the dictatorial nature of the org that didn't make sense why wasn't any freedom of speech allowed since that would greatly speed up fixing the things that are wrong, why were the GB demanding a total monopoly of power (I soon realised that none of the "anointed had any say in anything)? The GB was obviously not getting things right on many issues and why were these spirit directed global elite so inept. I later realised that it was intentional because it suited them better to have those wrong ideas.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Grew up JW, I know nothing else.

One day during a Sunday WT study, I looked around and said "I do not belong here."

• minimus
    minimus

"a good little God-boy"....I've never heard that expression. But I like it!

• BFD
    BFD

It was when I was 16 years old and the elders took me to the back room and said ......Get Out

So I left. But I did not realize it was all lies until 30+ years later. Sometimes I am so stupid.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit