Notes: Saturday District Convention - Do Not Follow...

by NestleBoy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

We have the technology now to solve many problems -

In fact, without modern technology, every tree would have been cut down to cook, like on Easter island or sub-Saharan Africa.

Rivers would be even worse, the air more polluted and there would still be massive deadly epidemics.

Science is finding ways of delivering on its promises one by one.

Unlike the Witchtower Babble and Trick Society.

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I noticed that the disease and pregnancy threat on dating couples. They always make it look like if you do fornication once, you WILL get AIDS. Maybe I should throw that back in their faces and mention the cases of tuberculosis that are picked up in the misery. You go to the door, and the person has tuberculosis. You are forced to be around this as he coughs all the while asking questions. And then you get it.

Meanwhile, your disfellowshipped brother (who got disfellowshipped for fornication) didn't get AIDS or any other disease. And he is not going to catch tuberculosis, either. However, the whole car group that was out that day ends up getting it. Sure sounds like fun.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Bad News: These kind of talks put a short-term damper on the efforts of folks like me (within the congregation) to sow seeds of doubt & discontent.

Good News: You said this was on Saturday afternoon. Highest probability of most folks being asleep. ;-)

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit