Looking For A New Church

by lehighjoe 17 Replies latest jw friends

• lehighjoe
    lehighjoe

Nope. Not an issue.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Really?? now thats interesting, I figured you would have a harder time with a church that teaches hell even more so than the Trinity.

If this is not the case, then maybe a small Baptist Church. They hardly ever use the word "Trinity".

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

by the way I just sent you a message to your box.

• lehighjoe
    lehighjoe

Thanks for the thoughts.

• Axeman
    Axeman
    a phenominal boot-camp education on the Bible

More like WT doctrine. And based on this doctrine your looking for a church defined by the WT My suggestion find a church that promotes Jesus as the way the truth and the light and not themselves like the WT does Bible knowledge is wasted if it does not lead to putting faith in Jesus

Cross stake or shot with a colt 45 what does it matter how The question should be why and what does this mean to me

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    (I'll also take a minute to clarify: some churches belive in the same-entity concept of Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit; others have a duotheism of Jehovah and Jesus being the same individual, and the Holy Spirit a separate entity.

I have yet to come across any church that teaches any of the above.

http://www.carm.org/doctrine/whatisthetrinity.htm

http://www.carm.org/questions/Jesus_Father.htm

I use the term "trinity" to descibe both theologies, although I know it's *technically* incorrect for duothesim

That is the crux of the matter. You have a problem with the above quotes, but you are eliminating churches from your search that actually agree with you.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

lehighjoe:

Here's a radical idea you may not have thought of. Instead of trying to find a church that matches your beliefs as closely as possible - don't.

That's right, just don't bother. There are better things to do on a Sunday than sit in a room believing all sorts of improbable things. Go to a museum or an art gallery, take up kayaking, read a book, help the homeless, whatever floats your boat.

If you feel you must be part of a church though, perhaps instead of trying to find one that fits your beliefs you should ask yourself why you believe as you do and why you can't find anyone else who shares those beliefs. Maybe even start from a questioning position and try to find out what actually is true before you start believing it.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Church of the Vertical Smile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit