Sunday Notes at the District Convention – An emotional plea to “young ones”

by truthseeker 50 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf
    Being in the truth can be incredible exciting!

LOL

• juni
    juni

Thank you truthseeker for your report.

I agree with your observations. Sounds like the same old, same old. DO MORE; GIVE MORE; BE MORE SPIRITUAL - all to please God.

That's right Seeker4. Last convention they said this would no doubt be the last one. How many times did we hear those words? Keeps everyone hangin' on.........

Juni

I posted this before, but they did have a DA in Green Bay, WI this past weekend. I don't remember a DA in WI held this early.

• heathen
    heathen
    The only new release this year was the book “Come, Be My Follower!” Another 192 page book with nothing new in it.

Yah this oughta be good . Learn why so few people want to follow the WTBTS , of course the WTBTS is never to be blamed it's always nasty, greedy, self serving people that don't want to change. I'm waiting for blondie trek thru the BS on that one ............ Go get em blondie.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Jersey City: Stanley theatre

this building is owned by the society.

Note: A KH nearby me has 3 congregations sharing the same hall.......... all 3 were assigned to diffrent DC's!

• Honesty
    Honesty

WORKS, WORKS and MORE WORKS is what makes the Jehovah's Witness go round and round on the Watchtower wheel to salvation.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Thanks truthseeker for the notes.

And a special shout out goes to Blondie and her review of the Watchtower on this site. The GB dopes are paying attention to her "WHERE IS JESUS? addons."

They decided to use him as this year's theme Bible character.

brzfst

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus or Christ only appears 153 times in the new 2006 Jehovah's Day book.

Jehovah or God appears 1659 times in the same book.

They even admit leaving Jesus out of the songbook more and more.

*** re chap. 7 p. 36 Rekindle That First Love! ***

Loving Praise to Jehovah and His SonI

n the songbook produced by Jehovah’s people in 1905, there were twice as many songs praising Jesus as there were songs praising Jehovah God. In their 1928 songbook, the number of songs extolling Jesus was about the same as the number extolling Jehovah. But in the latest songbook of 1984, Jehovah is honored by four times as many songs as is Jesus.
  • observador
    observador

"Clothe Yourselves With Lowliness of Mind"

Doing this almost costed me a job once. Don't do it!

Observador.

• willyloman
    willyloman

On the question about DCs in May, it has been four years since my last district convention (OMG, this sounds like I'm in a Catholic confessional) and for at least a few years prior to that there was a DC scheduled on Memorial Day weekend. That thrilled everyone, of course, because first of all you had to try to get Friday off on what was already a three day weekend, and then of course you got to waste that three day holiday on the DC.

• R.F.
    R.F.

It's funny how Jesus Christ is kept out so much but by just simply reading the writings of ones like the apostle Paul, we see how much Jesus is mentioned and praised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit