WHAT DID THE WATCHTOWER STEAL FROM YOU?

by nvrgnbk 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75
    After 20 friendless years in the cult I'm no longer the easygoing guy I used to be. I've become socially challenged from the emotional isolation, and for the most part I don't enjoy being around people any more.

W

Finally Free:

I'm sure the guy you were is still in there somewhere. Older and wiser. Why don't we meet on the patio at Jakes in Unionville, have a few beers! Some suggestions for cheer are found on NVR's beer thread!

I'll be your friend! Wanna make it happen?

Frank75

• Frank75
    Frank75

To healing and new life!

Strong beer and single malt Scotch!

Cheers

Frank75

• jambon1
    jambon1

My mental stability for a decade. Social confidence. Family. Normality.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thank you for opening your soul like that Blueblades.

Finally Free, take it from me, Frank75 is a hell of a friend to have. I'd take him up on his offer!

I'll come up with a case or ten of Sleeman's and a good time will be had by all.

Jambon1, I hope you're getting out of the woods. Thanks for your expressions.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Really good thread. I could go on about myself, but suffice it to say I understand the loss, and my heart goes out to all here.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I just wanted to add, BlueBlades, THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, for bringing up that old post of yours. I'm still crying from reading it, it's touched me so deeply.

• choosing life
    choosing life

They stole my right to decide for myself what is right. I gave over my conscience to men who took away many things. I gave up holidays and birthdays with my children. I spent way too much time sitting at their sales meeting with my children in tow and in service. I distanced myself from my family.

That was the past.

Now they have stolen my friends that I raised my children with. My relationship with my children who are still in is strained. In the place of happy memories of all the holidays there is a hollow emptiness and I watch my sibling's families all get together on holidays while my children stay away.

Unfortunately, there is more to steal. So I lay low and don't tell what I know because I know they can take away my children completely. But as I fade in this in between land, I often wonder if they will ever be through stealing from me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I feel your pain choosing life.

(((GGoBG)))

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

nvrgnbk, you are a kind soul, and I have noticed that from the day you stepped on here. SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE, BROTHER.

• anewme
    anewme

We kept putting our whole life on hold while waiting for the Bogey Man Armageddon Thing to Come AND THEN THE REAL LIFE WOULD START!!! WHAT RUBBISH!!!! No romantic dinners, no weekends, no weekend country breakfasts together, no getaways, always publish publish publish and preach to everyone all the time!

Now we are divorced and have no fun times to look back on 35 years!

Very sad. Thankyou Watchtower Cult!

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit