Street Corner "Witnessing"

by Darth Yhwh 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

So today was a bit of a lazy Monday. First I slept in an extra hour. Then I took my 7 year old son to school, a task usually performed by my wife. I took an early lunch to head out to the local post office to mail out birthday invitations for my twins' birthday party. I was on my way back to the office and that's when I saw him.

There he was. An obvious JW standing on the steet corner holding out a Watchtower and Awake for the whole world to see. He was just looking down there at the ground and holding out the mags. I almost turned my car around to have a chat with him. I thought that perhaps I could ask him a few questions. I decided to keep on trucking. After all I was on my lunch and by the time I got back to the office I'd only have about 5 to 10 minutes to eat my lunch.

But I had to ask myself. Is this considered "witnessing"? Standing on the street corner? How do you count that time? Is every minute standing on the coner considered time in the ministry, or just the time actually conversing with others?

• garybuss
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Today there were 3 JWs outside my train station handing out magazines, they are there twice a week. How hard is it to hand out a free magazine? I remember chasing people down the footpath trying to get them to buy the magazines. (how embarrasing)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I remember hitting the streets around 7 a.m. in downtown San Diego to try to get in two hours service before the field service meeting - we would find a comfy corner with lots of traffic and stand there with our mags talking to each other until it was time to go. hard on the feet, but otherwise an easy two hours.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hey Garybuss, one of the things I thought of when I saw this guy was...."man, he's witnessing old school". I envisioned one of those old B&W photos with the JDub having a poster board body sign strapped to his torso.

• garybuss
  • Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

The cheap and easy hours, allot of pioneers do this to build up their their hours ( usually no contact with anyone, just dumb stares from the general public )

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Thanks Garybuss, great photos.

saving for reference!

I had

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Thanks Garybuss, great photos.

saving for reference!

I had a girl about 15 rush

• NotaNess
    NotaNess