Is it proper for men to tip their hats to women?

by ThomasCovenant 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

That entire article seems disrespectful and "Satanic" to me ... What a load of crap!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sing along with me: "bullshit, bullshit, sounds like bullshit to me to me, sounds like bullshit to me!"

• trevor
    trevor
    In many ways Satan has taken the woman from the position assigned her by God, taken her from the home and its duties and put her into politics and commerce and religious leadership, and thereby caused much of the modern breakdown on the family front

This article was written in 1952 - before women's lib got a grip. In polite society women were treated by men and with deference which in its own way was part of the control of women that was culturally accepted at that time.

The set up of the Watchtower Society depends on maintaining submissive obedient women with men holding all key positions and the patriarchal Bible supports this male dominated set up.

This has nothing to do with Satan, God or spirituality. It is a man made set up.

Big organisations now see the advantages of harnessing women to the workplace and promoting them to head positions. The government see the revenue that this brings in extra taxes.

In any case most of the 'Brothers' wore hats from door to door, when I was growing up in the UK. They always touched or tipped their hats to women on the doors.

What I did notice about my father, was that he would touch his hat to most women. If she was particularly attractive, he would take it right off for moment. Very Freudian...

Trev

• zagor
    zagor

So I guess what WTBS is trying to teach us here is to apply ourselves eagerly to strive with all our manly might toward becoming manner-less assholes because to such like ones belongs the kingdom of heaven. Whereas anyone practicing Samaritans humanity and "so-called gentlemanly qualities of men" will be destroyed at Armageddon. On contrary "men dedicated to Jehovah" will find respectable virgins who will eagerly submit (in every position) to their master's will.

What a load of crap. This seems to have been written not only by someone clearly uncomfortable being in presence of ladies but by someone who would love to see them either removed from the equation altogether, (because they are clearly the main culprits for break down of family life) or tuned into combo of sex slaves and kitchen donkeys.

WOW, what a way to explain things. Well done Watchtower, I think even Jerry Falwell wouldn't be able to come up with something like that and find biblical backup for bullshit of that magnitude

Golden rule of cultism, just wrap anything you don't agree with in works of Satan and and game is on, and lo an behold they used word satan 5 times in short paragraph of of 463 words. Where they didn't use that they used impressive words such as "exalted her above man", "downfall of men dedicated to Jehovah". No wonder many jw ladies end up looking for a mate outside of circle of well-trained jw men.

Is she pinned to the chair
    LMAO,
    Probably not but I'm sure writer would be eager to teach her how it is done.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't know if it is proper, but it sure felt good when an elderly gentleman tipped his hat to me. He got a great big smile and a thank you! It sure made my day. I can't remember the last time this happened. Unfortunately, these old gentlemen have probably all passed away and I don't want to describe some of what's walking around now. The age of "class" is over and unfortunately it applies to both genders.

LHG

• Warlock
    Warlock

My question is: Who the hell wears hats anymore?

Warlock

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "Who the hell wears hats anymore?"

Cowboys in Texas. That's who.

I ain't talkin' bout them there 'drugstore cowboys', neither. I'm talkin bout the true cowboys that you will only see in small communities like Blanco or Bandera.

Regards,

Jim TX

• sinis
    sinis

My question is: Who the hell wears hats anymore?

Warlock

I do, keeps the sun off your head - does a boony hat count?

• daystar
    daystar

I suppose, then, that Jesus was following Satan when he deigned to not only speak to the Samaritan woman at the well, but to also *gasp* drink from her cup. Not only creature worship, but with one of those dirty, dirty Samaritans! Shocking!

Yet another example of how backwards the WBTS is and always has been.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Then why is it the man that is supposed to rise when a woman enters a room or comes to or leaves the table, and never the woman? Is it too inconvenient again? Is she pinned to the chair, as the hat is pinned to her head?

Wow! Reading between the lines, it doesn't take a psychologist to pick up on some barely restrained hostility towards women. I wonder what the first draft of this article looked like before it was toned down for public consumption....................with all the Hannibal Lecter stuff taken out...........?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit