Disfellowshipping question

by DJK 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

I have heard a rumor that an elder or former elder was disfellowshipped because none of his siblings (6) baptized and all left the witlesses when they turned 18.

Is it possible? I'm afraid to ask anyone who may have knowledge of it because they will tell someone I had asked.

DJK, of the leader of the pack class.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm under the impression that they might not be "suitable" for "taking the lead", and other priviledged positions. I don't see how they could be df'd for that.

Maybe that's just the story he wants told???

I'm sure the former/current elder's/ms would know better than me.

• minimus
    minimus

CLEARLY, not a df'ing offense.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Certainly they can say he was not doing all that he could at home, taking the lead to help his
    family. (I am sure you meant his children, not his siblings- brothers and sisters)

That makes him a poor example, not qualified to be an elder. It ain't a DF offense.

But, when being removed, perhaps the elders investigate and he disagreed with their findings that
    he is an unfit JW father. Perhaps he said he was letting the kids search into all religions with
    freedom of Dad's approval. Perhaps he said something they considered apostate when they
    removed him. JC forms, not for failure to baptize, but for apostasy.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Nay, urban legend.

If he's done all he could to make them good dubbies, he can stay and elder, much less not be dfd.

Hell even joehova lost a bunch of his sons to the debbil

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Why would your genetic brothers and sisters have any impact on your standing in the organization?

You could become a witness at 30 and have brothers and sisters who are 15 living at home with your parents and they could be catholic and you could be a witnoid elder.

• AZ
    AZ

I've heard of similiar situations but not to the point of DFing. A brother that was denied more privileges because of a family situation that was beyond his control. His wife had psychiatric problems. He was a great guy and would of made a good elder. He had the time and he wanted more responsibilties but apparently they told him no. So he switched to a different cong...

• Amazing
    Amazing

No, an Elder cannot be DF'd because his siblings or children leave the organization. At one time, if an Elder's children were not considered good examples, he could be removed as an Elder ... but that changed many years ago when I was still serving. If he was DF'd, it was for something that happened that has not been disclosed.

Jim Whitney

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

A PO of one congo I went to had two sons raised in the truth and never baptised.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Nah, I'm betting he was disfellowshipped for something humiliating or creepy that people would hate him for. Much easier to pretend to himself that it's because he was a poor leader. If he tells himself that often enough, he might start thinking it's true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit