knocking forum

by BlackSwan of Memphis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    As a result, this forum will be inactive until the film's premiere

Meaning- We didn't know that so much negative response would be generated.
    We will try again later, and delete this negative response in the process.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If they delete any negative responses which abide by the rules of their site, I'll be writing their legal department and calling the news stations and their sponsers.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Well, rats! So that's why my "contribution" to the Knocking forum never showed up. And I put a lot of thought and effort

into my.....shall we say LESS than approving comment about the BRG.

Lavendar

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

I've been trying to check out some of their funding sources - remember "follow the money" They have a big name lawyer from Baltimore, who handles 'estate law, ie. big bucks from JW's who have been urged to leave assets/estates to WTBTS? Another one is a securities advisor? I'm just beginning to check these out - will post more as I learn who these people are...but you can bet they were suggested by Brooklyn - They didn't fund it themselves - in order to "appear" clean, ha! And, of course, Anderson Cooper- probably involved due to his gay comunity affiliations with Joel Engardio, as well as a fellow journalist Poor Jen, one thing, for certain - I bet at this point she is feeling as if she, too, has been taken for a ride and now knows the documentary is biased and inaccurate I wonder if Joel even told her of all the e-mails that were sent to him regarding this show;long before it was accepted for airing. PREDICTION: THE forum will NOT reopen after May 22.! To allow further discussion only points out the lack of unbiased journalism - a highly unethical and unprofessonal piece of work!.

• rebel8
    rebel8

We may or may not have been discussing topics related to "Knocking". Most of us cannot be sure since it has not aired yet in most of our areas.

We *have* however been discussing topics specifically discussed in the "Knocking Study Guide" published by the film's producers. To say otherwise is not telling the truth.

This squelching of the truth makes it clear more now than ever that this is a slanted piece designed to promote the wts/jws and to hide any criticism.

Everyone please write to your local PBS station and theaters again and ask them not to air this propaganda piece.

List of screenings: http://www.knocking.org/On_the_Big_Screen.html
    List of local PBS stations airing this on May 22: http://www.knocking.org/PBS_Station_List.html

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Folks the thing is, Im curious and want to see it, without having to spend hard earned money to get it, I already know its a puff piece by reading some of the reviews here. So my suggestion is let's work together and get a good XJW video put together and demand that PBS show it in the interest of fairness.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Zazu -

They have a big name lawyer from Baltimore, who handles 'estate law, ie. big bucks from JW's who have been urged to leave assets/estates to WTBTS? Another one is a securities advisor?

I'm not sure if you are referring to brother Zaremba here, but here are a few websites that these brothers own:

Zaremba - Many real estate corporations. Under the umbrella Zaremba Group. (real estate)

Reibling - Primary business is Taurus Investment Holdings(real estate)

And the only thing I've found that remotely links the two companies together is one man, an Aaron Gibitz:

On September 6, 2002, the Board of Directors of the Company elected Aaron Gibitz as a Director, Chairman, and Principal Executive Officer Mr. Gibitz was also elected to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. At the same meeting Cynthia Potter Winthrop was elected Chief Operating Officer and James D. Baker, who remains a Director, resigned as President of the Registrant.

The business background of Mr. Gibitz is as follows:

From March 2002 to the present, Mr. Gibitz has been a consultant to Taurus Investment Group,Inc., based in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Taurus invest in real estate and has other business interest including health and wellness consumer products and media/technology. From March 1997 through March 2002, Mr. Gibitz was an executive with Zaremba Management, based in Independence, Ohio. Zaremba is a real estate development and management company that is also engaged in start-up ventures. Mr. Gibitz was responsible for Zaremba’s start-up activities, promotion of such, operational audits and technology management. Prior to 1997 Mr. Gibitz consulted for numerous companies involved in technology evaluations, internal performance audits, turnaround of distressed holdings and financing.

A well-trusted source informed me that both families are jw's. I have no reason to doubt him.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Yes, Joules - that IS the man. Very interesting, thanks. BTW, http://itvs.org Still has a 'talkback" forum open for "Knocking" I suggest, however, to keep comments short. Zazu

• Jourles
    Jourles

Well well well. Look at what I just found:

BIELERT v. NORTHERN OHIO PROPERTIES was a 1988 federal lawsuit in which David Bielert alleged that he suffered employment discrimination, in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, because he was NOT a Jehovah's Witness. NORTHERN OHIO PROPERTIES was engaged in the business of managing residential rental properties, which were located in several different states, and which were owned by several different investor groups. NORTHERN OHIO PROPERTIES was a subsidiary of ZAREMBA CORPORATION, a closely-held corporation owned by Tim Zaremba, Walter Zaremba, and other members of the Zaremba family. (See also: ZEREMBA GROUP and ZEREMBA MANAGEMENT.) The Zaremba family were Jehovah's Witnesses, and many of the investors and employees of the related corporations were believed to be Jehovah's Witnesses.

Bielert had worked for NOP as a property manager since 1971. In 1979, Bielert was diagnosed with cancer. He continued to work for NOP until 1983. His job performance allegedly greatly suffered due to his illness and medical treatments during that period. In 1983, NOP replaced Bielert with a Jehovah's Witness employee. Although Bielert was offered another position, Bielert felt that he was being slowly removed from the picture and would eventually be terminated anyway. Bielert was offered a severance package to resign, and he accepted such. After exhausting his severance package, he filed a religious discrimination charge with the EEOC. Thereafter, he filed this federal lawsuit, which was summarily dismissed by the district court due to insufficient evidence. The appellate court affirmed.

I guess my buddy is probably right. It appears that the Zaremba's are indeed jw's. Now I would just like to see confirmation on the Reibling family. The only connection that I've found between the WTS and the Reiblings was from the Confront! Resistance in Nazi Germany conference which was held at Boston College in 2002. Both the WTS and Taurus were major contributors. Lorenz was also listed as a individual contributor.

I also started another thread a while ago on all of this but I didn't know about the Zaremba family being involved.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Please someone make the itvs link work - I'm unable to go upstairs today to use my son's pc to post. It's an important link - has e-mail for ITVS as well as virtual address in San Fran so people can write to voica objections to this documentary. This IS the source agecny that Engardio went through to produce "knocking." You''ll see what I mean if you check it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit