knocking forum

by BlackSwan of Memphis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Uh ok there have been two threads on the topic of the Knocking forum closing.

From Jen at the top of the forum:

Since launch, the lively debates seen here have been largely related to the Jehovah's Witnesses faith as a whole, with minimal posting and participation about the film KNOCKING.

The goal of the KNOCKING discussion forum, as listed in the Standards of Use, is to "discuss your responses to the film and Web site with us and with each other."

As a result, this forum will be inactive until the film's premiere on Independent Lens on May 22, 2007. At that time, we will welcome viewers to share their reactions and thoughts about the film.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I guess they didn't get the hint

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Well, if they want it to be about the film....why did they start the topic before the premier? Right now, we know that there is a "JW documentary" coming. Since we haven't seen the "documentary", we can only discuss the "JW". Geez....what a cop out, Jen.

Skeeter

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

my guess is that a lot of people HAVE actually seen it. Just a thought though.......

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Some have seen the sneak preview....but when this goes public....then ALOT of people will have seen it. Then the JWs will post - but they will not use their real names for fear of elders.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Bethel is AFRAID, very AFRAID that the R&F will get onto a discussion thread and meet up with the likes of you & me.

Skeeter

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

my point is only that it HAS been seen by more then one person or group of people.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

When this thing finally airs, it will be like that Dateline night. All the JWs will know about it. Sister A will call Sister B, and so on and so on (aka Faberge Organics hair commercial). The elders will have a short "reminder" about the Internet dangers . . . and then . . . PBS will not be able to handle the 5,999,000 Dubs who go on-line (I left 1,000 out for the SuperDubs). And, I'll be waiting to counter-post. Geez, my mouse is shaking just thinking about it!

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

But, wait until the public sees it. Remember the sextuplets? Sure got the Canadians all fired up. The JW blood doctrine became front page on national magazines, newstations, and newspapers. Think someone took away maple syrup & hockey from those folks. The radio & tv & newspaper interviews with JWD members! Now, add this documentary. It's a chance to not only educate the JDubs, but the public at large about this cult. And, a forum on PBS is a great start!

Skeeter (of the "don't take away my stone ground grits" class.)

• carla
    carla

Well, then after it airs everybody will have to go back on the forum and say they didn't like it because it left out........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit