What did you become after leaving Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Garrett 26 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sane

smiddy

• happy@last
    happy@last
    I became a happy, free and decent person.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

"Religioned out." I like that, Bungi Bill. I think that best describes me while maintaining what I guess is a Christian foundation. I have a set of beliefs I believe are true (of course - why else would I hold them?), but now with the humility to swap them out in a heartbeat if they become unsustainable. I always lead with "In my opinion" when discussing the bible, but I have no desire to prove or debate.

I don't feel like I have a home in Religion, Inc. By far it mostly has a "God hates fags" slant to it and even the ones that don't are all caught up in this sensationalistic... emotionalism "Ohhhh JeeeeZUSS, my LORRD" with rolling eyes and emphatic gestures....

Oh Jesus, I just can't!

I'm religioned out! Thanks BB.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Myself
  • factfinder
    factfinder

After discovering the tatt I lost all faith and hope and lost interest in the bible.

I don't really believe in anything now, but I don't want a religion.But I feel like I lost my identity.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    A dyed in the wool Baptist
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Liberated and liberal.

Whilst I was in the Watchtower I was introduced to the gospel, by means of a simple question, by someone who cared enough to ask.

I began to pursue the gospel in the Watchtower library.

It led me increasingly away from the Watchtower and religion.

It led me increasingly toward becoming a simple follower of and believer in Jesus.

This is exactly what the gospel was designed to do.

I now identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious).

I also identify as an ordinary person who has received the "free gift" of faith (a higher level of consciousness and intelligence).

I also identify as an ordinary person who has had a clean and right standing with God imputed to him by grace (unmerited favour).

As to evil, I am studying and learning the answers to the question: "Why do we humans permit evil by ignoring God's ultimate solution?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit