Do You Feel Like You Were "Screwed Over" By A Judicial Committee?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

Almost...

The wife was about seven months along when one night we got into a knock down drag out argument...things escalated, we got up in each others face...so on...I shoved her back aginst a table, causing a lamp to fall and break...we both dropped onto the bed, cryed like babies, hugged, cryed some more...then things settled down...except for me. I was filled with shame and remorse...had never laid a hand on a woman in anger before that.

Kathy assured me it was over and done. She was okay, I was okay, no need to bring in a thrid party. Told her I needed help and made the call...Brother Elder Chuckles said he understood and we would have a chat after the meeting on Thursday night...I felt relived...a loving brother was going to help me out. Give me good solid spirtual adivce and sound bible instruction.

Come Thursday night I think I skipped danced into the meeting and danced all the way into a jc. There was Bro Chuckles, Bro Hang em high and Bro Been there, a big six foot plus tall ex football player..one of the kindest, soft spoken jw's I ever knew....hadn't been for him I'd been df on the spot. Bro hang em high grilled me like a piece of chicken on a barby, Bro Chuckles turned into Bro go along...Bro been there smoothed it over. In the end I was put on private refproof and lost all privlages, what little I had, except of course knocking doors...

When we got home Kathy gave me a big hug and whispered softly in my ear...never bring anyone one into our bussiness agian, ever...especialy those idiots. The rest was history...last kh meeting I ever attended.

You see, they called Kathy into the back room, without me. She didn't like it. Kathy was not a jw...found out later she told them she had forgiven me and that was the end of the story. Oh, and what else she said is not printable. She did say Bro been there was a nice guy and understood....the other two should have been strangled at birth...So much for gods loving people...took a non-jw to keep it balanced...

• minimus
    minimus

Telling the truth to the elders equals having it held against you.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    When we got home Kathy gave me a big hug and whispered softly in my ear...never bring anyone one into our bussiness agian, ever...especialy those idiots. The rest was history...last kh meeting I ever attended.

My wife and I made a pact, NEVER to tell the elders anything.

There is a saying at work that I apply at home, When a supervisor says, tell me the truth, nothing is going to happen, "Start Lying Immediately" and Stick to your story, do NOT change.

Chances are, not admiting guilt puts the burden of proof on them, not you.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Well that would depend: my committee followed the rule book, and at the time I thought that telling them all the details and being (as I was) actually repentant, it would work out. They 'had to disfellowhip me'. I'd always thought that if I was ever disfellowshipped I'd never go back, because I hated the concept of humans playing god and thinking they have the right to judge and sentence others on moral issues. Legal: sure. But if there's a god, and god has rules, it's only god who can carry out the law.

Since then I've decided there's no god, but have started believing in people. This excludes JWs, who contribute nothing to the planet. So in a way my committee did me a great favour by starting the process that highlighted my delusions.

• rowan
    rowan

Onthewayout, you practically told my story. I was a twenty three year old virgin guilty of loose conduct. At the time of the JC I was in emotional shock. that, plus the fact that I was finishing med school made me confess the events in a very clinical and detached way. I happen not to shrink from the words "pennis", "vulva", "vagina" or "hymen", they are and were part of my normal vocabulary.

I was told by one of the stooges (currently Df'ed himself for being abusive with his family, being kicked out from the family home by the police, and subsequently hooking up with a wordly woman) that if I was really repentant I would be covering my face for the shame I would be feeling. At that I got mad, he had no idea how ashamed I was of having to relate an intimate act to three uneducated arrogant men who had come into my home, ordered me to arrange the furniture around IN MY HOME for me to sit in judgement in front of them, etc. ok, now I am ranting. at the moment I was scared and ashamed. all they saw is that I was mad.

then truck driver stooge (have nothing against truck drivers, the father of my goddaughter is one, coolest guy on earth, he just doesn't sit and order people around and judge them), the one who almost stuttered whenever he had to go out preaching with me, started taunting me, saying things like "Rowan, you have to help us help you", "what punishment do you think you deserve?" and other things I don't remember. oh yeah... like, "what a case you are presenting us with", or "this is going nowhere".

third stooge, forty year old virgin, bethel elder was hissing all the time because because the whole circus finished at 3:30 am on a saturday and he had to work in his bethel office the next morning. I gave him 50 dollars (the equivalent of that) for him to take a cab to bethel, which of course he took. I don't resent that now, and yeah, the poor guy was being sleep deprived. or now, in retrospective, he might have been hissing because I was more worried about him being sleep deprived than I was for my current situation. whatever it was, now I look back, and the whole situation seems as surreal as a Kafkan tale.

I'll go on. it is good for my soul to release this.

that night, brother abusive told me in a condescending way: "I am so sorry for your father, Rowan". yeah you sucker, feel sorry all you want for my father, I love and cherish my loving father so, so excrutiatingly much that I went through three reinstatements attemps until I got it (oh yeah, for some reason brother bethel elder was putting all the stops he could for me not to get reinstated, for freaks sake!, get a life dude!, not my fault I am a doctor and emigrated to US and make decent money, got married and have sex with my gorgeous husband and you are a pathetic loser). and brother abusive, I feel sorry FOR YOU, AS A FATHER yourself, because even though your wife would take you back, your children loathe you so much that clearly stated that they would leave the family home should you put a foot back there.

I know I sound arrogant and resentful. please, believe me I try not be. I am crying as I write this. I guess my arrogance and disdain towards these people come from the deep damage they caused and the knowledge that we all, as human beings, deserve to be treated in a humane way, not stripped from our dignity. when we face extreme emotional crisis, we should not be pushed to the abyss, but helped and nurtured, concepts that are totally foreign to these policy enforcers.

1 month ago I was released from the psychiatric ward after being diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder. The events that I descrive above, that tragically are common to thousands of youngsters, gnawed parts of my soul. going through reinstatement took away more pieces of my soul. I did it out of love for my parents, and now, I find it difficult to even talk to them on the phone.

I don't want to be a victim. I am recovering and plan to live a meaningful life. I want to forgive, so these people don't occupy undeserved space in my mind. Now in response to the thread, yeah, I think I was pretty much screwed over by the JC.

and Onthewayout, thank you for your insight and humility when dealing with this girl. It means a lot to me to read about your feelings on the matter. It means a lot to know that an elder took his humanity back.

• minimus
    minimus

Do keep in mind that many times the elders are FORCED to handle things a certain way per the Society. I've sat on many JCs wishing that I didn't HAVE to df a person but we were by their rules. Some elders relished the authority they had to "discipline a wrongdoer".

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The elders are an unbeleivable force of evil. Before they ever got in my face when I was an upright Jw and faultless, they cut me out of chess tournaments, they cut me out of the Dungeons and dragons club. They ruined all my activities and freindships. I'm not finished!. They banned me from movies, concerts, effected the music I listened to. Hell they even tried to council me on masturbation. There was no drinking no celebrating no nothing. Did I mention I was allowed to go dooor to door. I saw my whole life passing before my very eyes and this made the elders feel really good about themselves. I was a naturally gifted orator and had charisma and what they were doing with me was very painful indeed.

I was so distraught at not having freinds I would look in the mirror and ask myself what was wrong with me and why I didn't fit in. I lived by every rule that was ever invented by theses geriatric two time losers. I don't know if anyone ever took it as seriously as I.

One night, I was so lonely I decided to sneak a girl out of her window and go for donuts. I brought her right back and never touched her. I just wanted to talk. The first move of the elders was to haul me before a comittee and rake me over the coals. They never said a word to her of course. I'm the bad guy, didn't you know. This girl over the years has been involved in every form of debauchery known to man and nothing ever happened to her. Thats cuz she was related to the one of the elders as a neice. She confesssed that she lied threough her teeth over the years. I know of others sisters too, who got away with murder simply by lieing. To my utter amazement I later found out that the elder she is related to married a woman who had sex with a guy while out on feild service before they were married. This guy had sex with a lot of sisters this way. A kid was even born out of wedlock from this ass wipe. That is how I know it was a conspiracy against me and that the elders truly look after their own.

The elders control every nuance of relationships and direct the course of peoples lives to the point of picking and choosing who they want in their sick little family. I made a perfect scapegoat for those shitheads. Here's the guy you want! Look how Satan can attack those who don't listen and follow our commands. The worst Satanic attack I ever received was from those losers, but I had a family that backed them 450%. They thought brown nosing was a good way to move ahead. It was a great move for everyone really, cuz it took me, the competition, right out of the picture. They wern't gonna have a little shit like me make them look lame on stage or in the dating scence. They all must of gotten a good boner the day they decided to end my life. I, of course ended up with a prostitute as I had no freinds, raging hormones, no answers no support. I always have to add when I talk about this that That should never have happened but only in witness world on the edge of the twilight zone. If you think that sounds strange, you're exactly right. Never ever should that have happened if things were allowed to progress in a natural way. I was put in a situation of unbearable restrictions my entire life and then when I snapped they hammered me to the other side of hell, with no mercy whatsoever. These sorry little men even hauled my brother before a comitee on three different occasions for his dancing. How silly, How petty, How sad. There little witch hunts give them an erection just as the confessions of horny sisters do. Without these wonderful power plays that the society has organized for them to feel superior to others, there little peckers would shrivel up.

• rowan
    rowan

How silly, How petty, How sad. There little witch hunts give them an erection just as the confessions of horny sisters do. Without these wonderful power plays that the society has organized for them to feel superior to others, there little peckers would shrivel up.

amen!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    My opinion only. The girl was not telling you everything, Min.
    It doesn't have the 'ring of truth' to it. What she is not saying is one of these:

whether or not the girl was telling everything is irrelevent

i df-ed someone for having his girlfriend stay overnight in their student accommadation.he said she slept on the couch and we as a commitee didnt believe him. we had no evidence and he denied that they had slept together. but we df-ed him anyway..(not on the first night tho..we did explain that he couldnt even have her staying but he argued that there were several students living in the house - male and female)

i think it was his mother who informed us btw.

rowan.. the constant applications for reinstatement to a commitee determined not to..must be the most soul-destroying demeaning bewildering process known to man..i was emotionally mentally physically and ultimately spiritually exhausted as a result and came to the conclusion that it cannot possibly be an arrangement from a loving god.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I broke the rules and fully understood their need to disfellowship me. On top of that I really didn't give a flip what they thought. Their rules no longer applied to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit