List of 100 Watchtower Corporations [Reposted and Updated]

by Amazing 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Wanna exit,

These 'contributions' are likely reimbursements for cost or over payments ... it is easier to call it charity to avoid he tax man.

Garybuss,

Even Ray Franz didn't talk about corporate structure or money that I ever read.

Ray did make mention in C of C (I believe) that the former GB member / Secretary-treasurer Grant Suiter was reported to spend a lot of time at the stock exchange ... that is, if I recall correctly. However, Ray admitted that the GB as a body knew little of the actual financial condition of the Society or where all the assets and cash were worth. He as much admitted he knew little more than what he stated in his book. I would look it up, but I am too lazy right now.

Jim Whitney

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Recently there was a post concerning yet another Watchtower Identity doing business as "Circle of Friends". I wonder how many more new identities are out there?

• cognac
    cognac

hmmm, I wonder if they have to dip into there stocks to pay for things... With the stock market plummeting, I'm betting they lost A LOT. And they'd lose a lot more if they had to take some of there stocks out to pay for things...

• reniaa
    reniaa

to make things easier they could install atm for donations like other churches do...

Automatic checking account withdrawals are used by some churches, and more recently, ATM-like kiosks are now available in many church corridors and lobbies, where parishioners can swipe a card and receive a printed receipt, which they can either save for the IRS or plunk into the collection basket with a flourish, so pew mates will know they're not spiritual freeloaders.

The card-swipe kiosks were a brainchild of Dr. Marty Baker, pastor of Stevens Creek Community Church in Augusta, Georgia. They were so successful in his own church that he now markets the devices privately and has placed them in 35 congregations across the U.S. "People don't carry cash," he says, noting that total income from contributions has increased 18% since the first kiosk was installed in 2005. Coins and paper money now account for less than 5% of that total.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1648022,00.html

ooops but I shouldn't mention other chirches and what they do to get money because we are only discussing WTs and as we all know other churches give us complete access to all there banking, stock buying, building owning practises ^^

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

The WT says they aren't like other churches. Truth is they are. They have a complex set of corporations that would make executives at Enron proud. I know you can donate to the WTS via credit card contribution over the internet, so reniaa, perhaps that will be next. I would say that most organized religions (WTS included)are nothing more than tax evading money machines. They aren't even close to what the Bible had in mind.

• reniaa
    reniaa
    The WT says they aren't like other churches. Truth is they are. They have a complex set of corporations that would make executives at Enron proud. I know you can donate to the WTS via credit card contribution over the internet, so reniaa, perhaps that will be next. I would say that most organized religions (WTS included)are nothing more than tax evading money machines. They aren't even close to what the Bible had in mind.

I can see your point doubting bro but isn't the principle of "caesars things back to caesar" here when dealing with money? they have to deal with money to finance the organisation even jesus had this problem.

John 13:28-30

"What you are about to do, do quickly," Jesus told him, 28 but no one at the meal understood why Jesus said this to him. 29 Since Judas had charge of the money, some thought Jesus was telling him to buy what was needed for the Feast, or to give something to the poor. 30 As soon as Judas had taken the bread, he went out. And it was night.

when dealing with caesar's things aka money you have to use it as the current money climate dictates, It's a complicated thing especially if you are a faith that tithes as well,

If they could show me some mysterious head of WTS living on a mansion on a aegean island surrounded by young women and jet planes and all that riches could buy like a lot of these religious leaders do! you'd be cooking with fat but from what I see it all just gets plowed back in and no one gets large wages or massively posh houses to themselves not even the gb, lol one story I heard on here was how a man was visiting headquarters and the gb member got a bigger room although he did share it with someone, I'm thinking OOooo a bigger room wowser he's really enjoying the riches of the org ^^

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Reniaa - Actually, the "paying back Caesars things to Caesar" referred to paying taxes, something that religious organizations don't have to do in most countries (certainly here in the US and in the UK). Jesus wasn't financing a multi-national printing organization. The money box had donated funds that cared for Jesus & the apostles physical needs during their ministry tour. Incidentally, Jesus gave to the poor out of that box. Whens the last time you've seen a WTS sponsored charity? I am very familiar with the disaster relief program which is about the only sort of charitable giving I know about. Then even then, folks that have their houses rebuilt are requested to "donate" their insurance settlement to the WTS. Not sure if that really counts as charitable or not. I agree that I don't see anyone getting rich from the WTS although the vast majority of religious leaders are also not getting rich. I never said anyone was getting rich but I would challenge your statement that "a lot" of religious leaders live in posh mansions and the like. I've run into many a preacher going in field service and I can tell you that I've NEVER seen any of them with a better house than I have. I still can't understand why "God's visible organization" would need all these complex corporations set up. Don't they trust that Jehovah will help them? Its a pretty big claim to be the only religion with God's direct backing. By the way, how was Paul's ministry financed? He WORKED! Yes, he did receive some donations as well but he spent time making tents to support himself. And, he was directly appointed by Jesus, something claimed by the WTS without any proof.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    If they could show me some mysterious head of WTS living on a mansion on a aegean island surrounded by young women and jet planes and all that riches could buy like a lot of these religious leaders do! you'd be cooking with fat but from what I see it all just gets plowed back in and no one gets large wages or massively posh houses to themselves not even the gb,

Oh, please. Reniaa, a very dear friend of mine was recently booted from Bethel. He said that he has been in the GB members' apartments and they are lavish penthouses. Also, the GB's get a brand new Cadillac to drive every year. Of course, they say that these things are "gifts" to them from loyal Dubs who appreciate their service, but how is that different from Benny Hinn?

I don't see why the WTS makes a big deal about collection plates, etc. They have collection boxes. It's the exact same thing. All churches, like the WT cult, have expenses. Only the churches have more expenses because they actually have educated, paid clergy and they provide social services to the needy.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Automatic checking account withdrawals are used by some churches

Reniaa, btw, I have my tithe authomatically deducted from my bank account once a month. Makes it easier for budgeting. I prefer it and highly recommend it.

StAnn

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    they have to deal with money to finance the organisation even jesus had this problem.

Jesus didn't have any money problems. All he had to do was go fishin' and he'd find money in a fish mouth.

Good day out! He knew where the fish were biting AND he knew what they were eating!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit