Are You A Pharisee? No? Are You SURE? :-)

by FireNBandits 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Crumpet! Hehehe. Thank you for dropping by. My post sure hit a lot of raw fundy nerves, huh? Total strangers justifying themselves to me when I dont even know them and didn't mention them! -Martin

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Thank you Narkissos! God bless! -Martin

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Martin

Deputy Dog, I wonder why you feel compelled to defend yourself to me? I don't even know you . I don't consider you a Pharisee, but my post apparently touched a raw nerve in you.

Yea, you got me in my raw nerve. I'm spiritually helpless.

So you gonna answer my question? How does your righteousness exceed that of the Pharisees?

Mat 5:20

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

This is a serious question! Your good at finding "Pharisees". Now that you found one, what are you going to tell him to... help him out? How is your righteousness better? How are you going to enter the kingdom?

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Deputy Dog, get the bug out of your arse, m'k? The post wasn't about you, m'k?Can you comprehend that? M'k? I don't think you're a Pharisee, m'k? Why would you take such a GENERALIZED post PERSONALLY? Do you understand what this is saying about you? I am not referring to the obvious, that you perhaps felt a prick of conscience. I'm talking about other mores serious psychological issues. It isnot a healthy sign to take such a generalized post PERSONALLY and then to HOUND the writer about it! I DONT KNOW YOU DD! IWASNT WRITING ABOUT YOU DD! M'k?
    I'm not going to be a Pharisee myself and trumpet my "rightousness" so forget about getting an answer! Jesus said not to trumpet your good deeds, and here you are trying to force me to do so. Man, I must have REALLY zeroed in on you somewhere in this post for you to take it so PERSONALLY and to HOUND me about it! If I read a generalized post and it doesn't have to do with me you can bet I don't take it personally and hound the writer. I can tell you that of all the things Jesus castigated the Pharisees about, I don't do them or think them.. Ever since being DFed I've been very circumspect in NOT being a Pharisee.

See, what you're trying to do is force this into a grace versus works squabble, and it ain't happenin' DD. We're all dependent on Grace, but some of us do the same crap that Pharisees do. Heck, if you had your eyes fully open and your brain fully functioning when you read my post you would have noticed that I said posting a post about Pharisaic behavior is itself somewhat Pharasaic but I can't simply quote the Bible, If THAT worked no sermons or teachings would be needed! You're wanting to try to bully me and GAG me so that I wont DARE to step on your toes again or post anything that makes you personally uncomfortable. NEWSFLASH: I DIDNT WRITE THIS POST ABOUT YOU DD! I DIDNT KNOW YOU FROM THE MAN IN THE MOON! I STILL DONT! If you're feeling a prick of conscience, talk to God, don't hound me. I didnt wrote this to you. It's like trying to talk to a fencepost. You just dont get it. Probably no one here, except apparently yourself, thinks you're a Pharisee.

• FireNBandits
  • FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hey Ninja, thanks for having a sense of humor and a sense of play, as well as a sense of reality. -Martin

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Thanks Watson!

Dr Watson: Sherlock Holmes, what school did you graduate from?

Sherlock Holmes: Elementary my dear Watson!

Yeah it's a groaner. -Martin

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Loosie. Love the screen name and icon! Yeah, it sounds sorta naughty. Broaden their phylacteries. Sounds almost like "prophylactic" to me. -Martin

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Pahpa! Yes, and I would be willing to bet that Jesus Christ WAS a Pharisee of the school of Hillel. Hillel had been "Nasi of the Sanhedrin." The NT presents a useful caricature of the Pharisees that can be used to scope out any religion, not just Christianity. If I saw Pharisaic behavior in a Zendo, or any other religious group or gathering, I'd split.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Martin

So you say it's not about me,

"AnEwLeif! Wow! I'm impressed! A brand new Pharisee has blossomed! I think if you try even harder you can find even more ways to shut the door to the Kingdom on many more people! What's your secret? Do you have Jesus in your hip pocket? Are you Omniscient? You must be. I think that's great. When I get my Pharisee Badge from Battle Creek Michigan I hope I can be even HALF as righteous and holy as you are. Judge Rutherford would be proud of you. Hell, I'M proud of you and I'm just an advanced piece of software being tested by the DOD."

how about ANewLeif or any of the other "Pharisees" you mentioned, You gutted ANL because he believes there are essentials (things that define what it is to be a Christian) to the Christian faith and so do I

Let's make it about you. How does your righteousness exceed that of the Pharisees? Why are you afraid to share your faith?

Heck, if you had your eyes fully open and your brain fully functioning when you read my post you would have noticed that I said posting a post about Pharisaic behavior is itself somewhat Pharasaic but I can't simply quote the Bible, If THAT worked no sermons or teachings would be needed!

Looks to me like you're saying it takes one to know one.

Quoting the bible works for me. So give me some quotes. What does one need to do to enter the kingdom? Or better yet, what are you doing or not doing? Since you think your words will work better than God's.

You're wanting to try to bully me and GAG me so that I wont DARE to step on your toes again or post anything that makes you personally uncomfortable.

Is that your job to step on toes? Like ANL's

Why does it make you "personally uncomfortable" when someone asks: How does your righteousness exceed that of the Pharisees?

Let me ask it another way. How does one become a Christian? How did you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit