CAN PEOPLE BUY STOCK IN THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY?

by anewme 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

To answer the question-No, you cant buy stock in the Watchtowe, they are a privately traded org and not on the stock market. As for who really controls the money, or where it goes, well that is anyones guess. They are leeching off the constitution to protect their assets under the guise of freedom of religion. The only way we will ever know where their money is going, is for their accounts to be completely opened up for reveiw, and that will never happen here in the US, unless the supreme court will get some balls and quit treating the JW organization as some harmless religion.

• Zico
    Zico

anewme, The Org pays for the higher-ups lifestyles by paying for their first class travel, healthcare, food and shelter, so indirectly they receive a lot, but directly the higher-ups receive very little money from the Org, just that basic allowance like other Bethelites. The shareholders receive no profit from the Org, as it is a non-profit Organisation. I don't know who controls the money. Probably the lawyers.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I may have asked this before, but can governing body members or other stockholders make money indirectly off of the WT Society if they just happen to own companies that do business with the WT, such as paper suppliers, or any other things necessary such as food, supplies, etc etc etc

• Gerard
    Gerard

No. the WTBTS as a religious non-profit, is not up for trade in the stock market. They do have a lot of money in the stock market, though. It is in the "J P Morgan Liquid Assets Money Market Fund" and in 2003, their share (5.51%) was calculated at almost one Billion ($93,119,000 USD).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/46234/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/46287/1.ashx

• anewme
    anewme

You see "I got the knowledge, but not the college!"...trouble is its the college that I need now out here in the world to figure out this stuff.

Ok, so the Watchtower may own stock in other companies, companies that it uses. This reduces the prices it pays out to products and services it uses. But we have seen how it buys into broad stocks, some related to tobacco and military and forgives itself for the association. So how does the money from those stocks come into the Society? Are they filtered through one person who then "donates" the interest from those stocks to the society?

I think it was asked WHO CONTROLS THE MONEY? So yeah, WHO CONTROLS THE MONEY? ISNT EVERYTHING ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY?

Can you imagine there are a number of brothers and sisters who daily concern themselves with the MONEY and INCOME aspect of the Watchtower Society? Someone said it might be the WATCHTOWER LAWYERS.
    Excuse me but what lawyer works for free or for a Bethelite allowance pittance?

In all my years as a witness I never concerned myself with who controlled the purse of the Watchtower. I just assumed Jehovah and the angels did I guess. I never questioned. I never worried. I just trusted.
    I just trusted.

I trust no more.

"Cautious as serpents, yet innocent as doves" Bah! More like "sly as snakes!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit