Words Jehovers Witnesses Pronounce wrong...

by vomit 62 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

When I was new and in my teens we had a family from "New Yok" move into our congregation. We enjoyed alot of humor (at their expense) while they were with us!

"Jehover" was the first word we heard from them that made us wonder if we were in the same organization! Back then we were asking a "quatta" for the magazines. And the sista from New Yok was very insistent about getting that quatta far every mag!

I'll never forget hearing her at the next door with her son. "Hey, Give him his quatta! What's wrong with you Mista? Give the little boy a quatta for the mag!"

(is that wrong to laugh at accents?) ( do I need some sensitivity training?)
    We must all get along in this diverse world, but I think to snicker at accents is valid humor.

• BFD
    BFD

anewme

When I was selling the rags mags in NY it was "only a dyme to covah the cawst of printing"

BFD

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

One particularly bad reader would always say, "tableknacker" for tabernacle. Another brother conducted the Pioneer meeting on the theme, "Jehovah will substain you." What a twit. He used that word almost every sentence, even asking those tiring rhetorical questions, "What will Jehovah do for you? That's right... He will substain you." I'd rather he sustained me, but what the hell.

We had a brother say in the instruction talk once: "...and Mosey came down from the mountain." We talked about how the Israelites would Mosey out of Egypt for the longest time.

The same brother was making car groups one day and had a group that needed a sister to make four. He asked if there was a "Single sister who was loose that could join this group." He quickly corrected himself.

W.Once

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Da RI us...not DAR i us

Cappa DO cia...not CAPPA do CI a

Pro PISH a tory...not Pro PITCH a tory

Sa LOH me...not Sa LOME

NA oh mi..not Na OH mi

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

AH qui la...and Priscilla...not Uh QUIL ah and Priscilla

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    substain

Ya joehova will sub stain you if you dont go out preechin.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Da RI us...not DAR i us

Cappa DO cia...not CAPPA do CI a

Pro PISH a tory...not Pro PITCH a tory

Sa LOH me...not Sa LOME

NA oh mi..not Na OH mi

Ugh, I hear that crap all the time.

There is one pioneer/homeschooled kid who says "sim-yi-lar" instead of similar. It drives me nuts. Whenever we had bookstudies with funny historical names, or just tough names in general, I was the only one who could pronounce the names correctly.

One meeting I heard the "word" "irregardless" THREE FRICKEN' TIMES.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

"irregardless" THREE FRICKEN' TIMES.

I would have exploded just like that guy on the Blockbuster commercial!!!! Too bad we aren't in the same congregation Sirnose...at least we could look at each other from across the KH and roll our eyes.

Justitia

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I was the only one who could pronounce the names correctly

So, despite your being correct, did anyone approach you to tell you that you were using the wrong "proNOUNCiation" instead of the wrong proNUNciation?

Justitia

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"irregardless" THREE FRICKEN' TIMES.

I would have exploded just like that guy on the Blockbuster commercial!!!! Too bad we aren't in the same congregation Sirnose...at least we could look at each other from across the KH and roll our eyes.

Justitia

Yeah, too bad huh? The only other person who acknowledged this shocking display of rampant ignorance was a good friend of mine. At least he is smart enough to know what's going on. Very slowly, I am trying to get him to think outside the WT box. His mind may be the only one to survive the jump.

So, despite your being correct, did anyone approach you to tell you that you were using the wrong "proNOUNCiation" instead of the wrong proNUNciation?

Justitia

Actually, no one challenges me. They know I am a smart cookie, and so they won't try to correct me. Sometimes--and this is a real treat--I can get people to change their erroneous pronunciation by the next comment!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit