I'm new Kinda

by DoubleVision 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Well not new to the site, but never made a formal introduction. So hello everyone!
    First like to thank those who put this site together and make it possible for us who
    need a place to go and work things out. I have been reading post on this site for
    a little more than a year.

I’m still in good standing, but haven’t been to a meeting in a long time. My wife is
    a JW and just doesn’t seem to see what I see. The elders in the Hall I think have
    an idea that I’ve been turned by “ apostate “ ideas. I’ve had a few of the friends
    come by and visit me and it’s so sad because I want them to see all the b.s. that I see.
    It’s a trip listening to jw’s talk now that I’m on the out side. When you get away from it
    everything seems much clearer. It’s very hard to explain to others who aren’t jw’s.

What made me introduce myself after so long a time of coming here reading posts?
    ………dono. But something happen to me a few weeks ago that made me feel a
    certain feeling that only those that have been disfellowshipped can feel. It really made
    me think of how the “ friends “ can turn on you in a heart beat.

Here is what happen. I’ve talked to a couple of the “ friends “ that have come by to
    see me and well you know how it is they start to asking and you start to talking a little to much.
    Anyway rumors start to fly and you know how fast that happens as a JW.

A witness friend stops by and invites my wife and I to dinner on the weekend. So that was
    Tuesday and by Saturday I get this call from this “ friend “ and he tells me that there is a
    problem. I said oh what’s wrong? He says that one of the friends that were coming over
    heard that I was going to be there and told them they were not coming. Well he asked
    if it was true that I didn’t believe in God. I said what!.....of course I believe in God.

I told him don’t worry about it I’ll stay home.
    I couldn’t believe that I was being shunned and I hadn’t done
    anything wrong. My wife was very hurt. I was hoping that would of
    caused something in her to click and get her to start to question her
    belief in the WTS. I could only hope. For those who have never been
    shunned by those you thought cared about you is truly an eye opener and
    that’s why I felt I had to post it.

I want to thank you in advance for all the welcomes. My time is very limited
    with work and all. Plus, I don’t like to be here on the forum when my wife is home.

Keep up the good work in exposing the WT for who they really are and pray for
    our loved ones who are slaving for the Org.

DoubleVision

• Mystla
    Mystla
    I couldn’t believe that I was being shunned and I hadn’t done
    anything wrong

Aye isn't it nice to be treated like a criminal? They can treat you like the lowest of the low.. while they greet a child molester as a brother. It's all very logical.

Welcome to the board, I hope you find peace and can help your wife find it too.

Misty

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

welcome here and keep in touch. sorry to hear you're going through this.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm so sorry, Double Vision. It's a shame you don't have the freedom and time to discuss your own thoughts here on the forum. Might save on venting to the wrong spleen, eh?

Welcome to the JWD forum, DV! Good to have you here! I hope things get better for you, or at least ease up somewhat.

Frannie

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi Thanks for taking the time to tell that. Very true unfortunately

• Arthur
    Arthur
    It’s a trip listening to jw’s talk now that I’m on the out side. When you get away from it
    everything seems much clearer. It’s very hard to explain to others who aren’t jw’s.

It is very interesting to listen to JWs talk; now that you see things differently isn't it? I have had the same experience. It reminds me of when I walk away from an ATM that is out of order. As I am walking away, I see a person walk up to it and start punching away on the buttons; totally oblivious. It's humorous and sad at the same time.

This forum is a great place. If you stick around, you will be amazed at the resources that you discover on this site. One example = we all knew about the "False Religion" tract campaign about a month before it was even announced to the congregations. Not only that; but there was a full color scan of it put up on this website.

Another interesting aspect of this site is the occasional debates that take place between active Witnesses and ex-Witnesses. One of them involved a debate over the 607 B.C.E. date which the WTS has advanced for Jerusalem's destruction. It was an impressive debate to say the least. You will never see anything like that anywhere else.

So, welcome!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Double Vision

Welcome. Sorry you have had this experience. Will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

• mrchuffster
    mrchuffster

Hey DoubleVision,

Welcome, although I'm new here too! . I'm still a witness in "good standing" also.

Fortunately my wife also see's right through the hypocrsy and lies, she says I don't

have to come anymore but I like to support her (I know its not nice going to meetings on

your own). She still goes because she has extensive family members in the organisation.

Sadly your story is oh so familiar, I never thought brain washing was possible but there

it is I see it every sunday right in front of my eyes. Like you said it's not until you

step back that you can see it. I've been hurt many times by witnesses who say

they are christlike and show love. Try going through a divorce, trust me you'll

get to see "true christians" in action.

Warmest Love to You and Yours.

Mr C

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Hi.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Double Vision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest