OUTRAGEOUS WACKTOWER COMMENTS!!!!

by anewme 18 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Dont you think it is odd that out of all the religions the Wacktower maintains a question and comment forum for its Sunday afternoon obligatory meeting?

Think about it. What does this accomplish for them?

I think the question and answer form of meeting accomplishes three things;

1. It allows the Society to merely raise a thought or suggestion (without getting into a legal bind)
    2. It solicits zealous comments from the cult group which range from speculative to paranoid to downright outrageous at times!
    3. It creates a peer pressure of sorts as commentors take the mike and the attention of the congregation and add to and embellish the fear and drama with their often bigoted perspective.

How much of the comments portion of the Watcktower Study influenced you?

And do any of the absurd paranoid or outrageous comments over the years stand out in your mind?

(remembering with anger this morning the years spent listening to these stupid comments designed to pressure and manipulate my mind by esteemed peers)

• Gill
    Gill

If we had less ornaments, or better still NO ornaments in our homes, we would have to spend less time dusting and then we could spend more time in the ministry! Quote from a zealous Cornish Sister! (Moose!)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not sure where you are going with this, but the Q&A is the backbone of the meetings.

Public talks are the least important information of all, just review of known facts. These
    are supposed to be designed for the newly interested ones. If the elders doing public talks
    would simply follow the instructions for talks, they would remember to keep them basic and
    easy for newcomers to follow.

Q&A are where they tell you what question you should ask. The question is never "Is the
    GB really God's representative? Are you really in the true religion?" NO- they ask "How do
    you prove to others that the GB is God's representative? What facets of our true worship can
    you show to others to make them become assimilated drones?"

Q&A allows the bookstudy overseers to see who's not participating. Q&A is then forced on
    the rank and file, so that they can parrot the answers and reinforce the indoctrination onto
    their own minds.

My wife is so thrilled if I answer every once-in-a-while at the WT study. I don't often, but I do it
    just to keep the elders thinking that I tried to believe this crap. When I do answer, it's never
    with words that I disagree with. That's very difficult as virtually every question is rhetorical nonsense.

• anewme
    anewme

See what I mean??? Wacko!!!! Comments like those are personal interpretations of their idea of Christianity. In her case she thinks a stark home devoid of personal belongings looks more Christian and the time saved dusting could be used in the service!

I remember an elder once explaining how time could be "bought" out of the day for service by reviewing and
    timing oneself how long it takes to eat breakfast, brush the teeth, sh*t, shower, dress and drive!!!!!!

• anewme
    anewme

Yes OnTheWayOut that is psychological tool the Society uses! Answering the questions reinforces in your own mind what they are teaching! You read it, you hear it, you say it, you hear yourself saying it = YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU YOURSELF ARE SAYING!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Years ago, we were studying the Family Life book. I was an MS, occasionally conducting the bookstudy.
    This Bible WT literature student came regularly. She would raise her hand but never actually wait for me
    to call on her. She would just raise the hand then start talking.

"My husband never honors me."
    "I need to understand this better, let me ask a question."

Except for revealing her personal life, her wacky comments were really what a Q&A should be about.
    The rank and file should endeavor to learn what their leaders are really telling them, and question it if they
    don't understand. The elder should have to do his best to figure out what the leaders are trying to tell
    everyone. There should be open discussion and a comparison of the scriptures.

Of course none of that is acceptable. I would tell the woman a short version of what the paragraph was
    saying and move on, or tell her we could discuss it after the meeting. Most people learn never to do what
    she did at public meetings, especially the larger WT study.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

It got me more mad that I had to sit there for two hours as my butt went numb!

• anewme
    anewme

Back in the early 70s the comments were really OUT THERE!!!!! The society was not as strict back then and there were fewer paragraphs and more time devoted to the comments from the audience.

AND IT WAS PRE-1975!!!! So allowing outrageous speculative comments worked for the Society back then very well.

(think about it. The Society could not be held responsible for the '75 Armageddon comments made by the Joe Blow publishers!)

• anewme
    anewme

People today coming into the cult have no idea of the meetings back then. It was wild at the Watchtower and even more so as you say at the book study level!

Cult members would grab the mike and keep it for an extended period of time and hold us spellbound with their fantasy stories of how the tribulation will be!

Imprisonment, separation, beatings, sufferings, persecution!

We even for one summer had a sister visiting from Romania where they said they suffered greatly under that cruel regime. Oh my God! Her comments scared the **** out of all of us!

We prepared in our hearts to also prove faithful under those terrifying circumstances.
    (But HOW DO YOU PREPARE TO BE FAITHFUL THEN??????
    PROVE YOURSELVES FAITHFUL IN WHAT IS LEAST!!!!!!! Meaning, show up for F.S. on Saturdays and Sundays and host the public speaker's lunch and clean the bathrooms and show up for gardening day and work in service with the looney sister!)

Those comments had their effect!

• blondie
    blondie

Speculative statements:

*** w65 12/1 p. 717 Slaves of Men or Slaves of Your Repurchaser—Which? ***

If Eve, now a transgressor, could not be used by Adam to bring forth a perfect human race, then God could, in His due time, create another perfect wife for Adam to mother his family in perfection

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit