JW secretary getting a (second) talking to

by looking_glass 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

WOW that is just crazy. I would just keep walking up and reminding her "I need you to focus on this while I am paying you to do so please. It needs to go out before 5 today." GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

If a JW did that where I worked, they'd get 2 reminders and out the door. The work rules forbid "evangelizing" of any kind, religious or political. A co-worker complained to me about a JW who routinely put magazines out on her desk (this JW complained when a coworker put up a cross in her personal workspace (cubicle))> I told her to tell HR. So she did (and kept my name out of it thank goodness) and his JW was told to put in the desk. All workers were told that political and religious material, written or otherwise, had to be kept out of sight in their desk drawers. People still put up easter and christmas symbols but no crosses, creches, pictures of Jesus, etc, just bunnies, eggs, trees.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

So them good old pagan symbols - bunnies, egges, trees - were allowed, but no religious symbols? Long live paganism! Good old Che is hanging on my wall together with Neil Young and Jim Morrison, and WTs are on my desk, and man would I get pissed off if someone told me to get rid of any of it! Every day I get more and more happy for not living in pagan anti-democratic USA!

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

This will sound like one crazy idea but.....what would do you think of talking to one of the elders from her congregation?

Witnesses want to be known as good workers and the way I remember things they wouldn't want one of their gang "bringing reproach upon the organization" Maybe things have changed and now it's okay in their books to be a nuisance at work. I've been out since 1981 and there's always"new light"

Another way of looking at it. Who will want to go with her to the Kingdom Hall? Sounds like she is shooting herself in the foot with all this preaching.

rosalyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit