why have jws got so many women among thier ranks?

by cyrus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ditto what Zico said.

Aslief: It's not just JWs, any "new" religion

I'd modify to say ALL religions. At least the ones in the Western world.

http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=BarnaUpdate&BarnaUpdateID=47

From that article:

Barna also noted that another significant concern is the low levels of religious participation among women who are members of the Buster generation - those who are 34 and younger. For virtually every religious activity measured, Buster women - not unlike Buster men - were less likely than older generations to participate in such spiritual pursuits. The exception was meeting with a spiritual mentor or coach. Barna indicated that thus far it appears that the Church has not adequately addressed the needs of this generation.
  • cyrus
    cyrus

Gill urs answer was in my a opinion accurate .That old saying men think women feel .It was why satan chose to approach eve instead of adam he knew she would believe what he was saying. this probably explains why women will take longer to convince that the jws are a sham excepting that jehovah and jesus have allowed her to be decieved is probably like finding out that her own father cheated on her mother and she will no longer be daddies little girl. With men particulary those who have a modicum of power in the org it becomes an ego thing (how could i have been so stupid)and letting go seems to be easier . On a personal level i dont think i ever fell for it completely .With me i went back because my memories as a child were of happy times as a witnss and when i returned i was at a low point in my life which is the point they want to get u ie we can make it better . i never wanted to be an ms or elder because although i accepted a lot of the bs i had too many questions and saw too much hipocrisy from those in those positions .i didnt go to all the meetings or go out that regulary on ministry and was always thinking while reading watchtower study when prestudying questioning scriptures in the study used to support statemens when those scriptures clearly didnt. Also the interference in bros and sisters personal lives by a bunch of old virgins who had never actually lived .Always going on about sexual matters which many havent experienced themselves and the continued non scriptural rules they make. Telling people not to go to college or uni to better thier chances of providing well for thie families while theylive rent free bill free thier every need and whim paid for by others treated like royalty wherever they go . For some reason sisters just seem to accept it all (in my experience anyway) Thanks everyone for ur opinions .

• Gill
    Gill

Cyrus - Perhaps it also explains why women are angrier than men when they find out they've been duped.

My husband puts the WTBTS sham to the back of his mind and can't understand why I 'work my fingers to the bone' to expose them for what they are!

In the words of the proverb, 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!'

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do keep in mind there are a fair number of former "sisters" who visit this forum, cyrus.

For some reason sisters just seem to accept it all (in my experience anyway)

So I wouldn't say that all "sisters" accept it. Me, I wasn't duped for a second.

Keep in mind also that the WTBTS rips families apart, if any member dares to leave. Maybe some mothers are not willing to pay that price.

• cyrus
    cyrus

I know what u mean gill .The thing that jars the most for everyone i think is that then thing that is supposed to give people a better way of life is no different than most other peoples lifestyles but without the fun(birthdays christmas easter mothers day all the things others have in thier religions the witnesses are exemt. we are told to love god and christ and our brothers and sisters and jahs org and the one thing missing is the love we should recieve from all these sources never appears to be there. If i have anger towards anyone its towards god for allowing all these religious groups to represent him and really just be conning everyone out of money love and a fruitful life. Lets face it god himself is to blame for jws and all the others .

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Maybe the governing body wants to convert to Islam, and they're seeking the perfect 72/1 ratio? (All those virgins have to come from somewhere, lol.) Seriously though, I think the poster who said that it's mostly women who are at home when the "service" comes a knocking probably has it right. I know that's exacly how it happened in my case, I was away at work, and the JWs kept coming and knocking at my door...my wife eventually got tired of/felt guilty for turning off the tv and waiting quietly, and started letting them in to talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit