why have jws got so many women among thier ranks?

by cyrus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrus
    cyrus

Any answers ive got ideas but would love some input from u guys first thanks peeps...?

• PEC
    PEC

Because, women are smarter than men.

• whyizit
    whyizit

Since I have not been a JW, but have friends who are, and have read a lot of counter-cult material, here is what I understand about this topic:

Women are most likely to be home at the times JWs knock. (Stay at home Moms.)

Stay at home Moms and house wives are often times lonely and/or bored.

Get the wife interested, and often times the husband and kids will be pulled in.

Emotions, tragedies, new surroundings, etc...all play a part of why anyone becomes involved, but I think that women tend to be at the right place, at the right time. (Or wrong place at the wrong time.)

I sincerely doubt that very many JWs would willingly go out at times when they know for certain men are home from work and more likely to come to the door. Women are typically home during the day, not men. Women usually aren't as brash as men. They feel the need to be a little more polite. They also aren't as threatening. And sometimes they are just plain starved for attention. Single Moms need grown-up people to talk to. About ANYTHING!!!

That's what I have noticed. My friend was caught at a moment of great sadness in her life. Her husband was at work and she was sitting alone with a 2 yr. old baby day in and day out. Wondering if this was what life was all about. Ripe for the picking.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In my case I grew up as a witnoid in the 50.s -70's. My father was not a jw and never went to meetings. I think he allowed my mother to go to get her and my brother and I out of his hair 7 hours a week. I always have had a problem with both of my parents for allowing myself to be brainwashed by the magazine company. Neither wanted to step up to the plate and accept their duty as parents. They both let the publishing company do it.

When I was a child my father was free of the wife and kids all Friday night, Sunday mornings and Tuesday night. He was a real playboy.

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

It seems that women are more sociable and readily recognize the need for
    & contribute to a support system.

JWs and religion in general provide an organized group,
    which gives a semblance of order and security.

Plus, where else are people automatically made to feel exclusively special because of being specifically chosen by the supreme being of the universe?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

All Jehovah's servants are stone-cold chick magnets!

• Gregor
    Gregor

I noticed this when I was an elder. I think the seemingly benign dominance by "good" men is very appealing to many women and they feel safe and cared for. I know that 90% of those who approached elders with personal issues were females.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

because it was Eve who was deceived.

no, I really don't know. maybe it's the social thing, but being a woman witness isn't really very easy, socially. there's a complicated and frustrating pecking order, many asses to kiss and all that work may never really get you anywhere.

I guess the same for the guys.

Maybe THAT's why there's more women, because women are more socialized to take that sort of crap from people and not think anything of it.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    the seemingly benign dominance by "good" men is very appealing to many women and they feel safe and cared for. I know that 90% of those who approached elders with personal issues were females.

LOL! Yeah, Gregor. Just until they're on the receiving end of that "caring" dominance in perhaps a JC, headed by Brother "I'm-gonna-get-you-suckah" or just casual advice from one of the elders whose name should be Richard Cranium.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yeah, Frannie, that's about it. Sadly, a lot of these women are starved for ANY male notice. To have Brother Kind N. Studly give you his full attention for a few minutes, one on one, is heaven on earth. Especially when they are going home to Mr. Fartbelch N. Complain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit