Pictures from The Paolo Nutini concert Last Night!!

by misanthropic 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• bisous
    bisous

okay, one other thing - my above post - most of it was quoted from variety - i tried to use some tags to reflect that - no dice, so sorry it is hard to read. Simon, make this place work better for Macs won't you please???

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I'm another American that has heard about Paolo for quite some time. I used to have his New Shoes clip on my myspace page months ago. Hes great. I'm jealous of you two getting to see him in concert, I'd love to see him live.

Sherry

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    (and to think he performs in Yemen!!! what a giver! lmao)

Yeah not only is he a great artist but he's also so committed to his fans hehe

I think you have to be significantly better than mediocre, doing SOMETHING right, to land a contract with Atlantic Records at 18 years of age. Lots and lots of people are listening. Here in America, "New Shoes," the buoyant first single from "THESE STREETS," is currently blowing up at Triple A radio. The track - which was recently iTunes' "Single of the Week" - is now No 1 at the format, while also entering the top 40 at Hot AC outlets nationwide. What's more, VH1 has named Paolo its latest "You Oughta Know" artist, placing his "New Shoes" video in "You Oughta Know" rotation through the month of March. Previous VH1 YOK artists include KT Tunstall, Corrine Bailey Rae, the Fray, and Regina Spektor. Released January 30th, "THESE STREETS" is already shaping up as the first full-fledged critical smash of the New Year. Both People and USA Today awarded the album three-and-a-half stars, with the latter hailing "the breadth of talent (Nutini) shows... a series of thoughtful, evocative tunes that defy easy characterization." The New York Daily News noted that "voices like Nutini's come around just a few times in a generation." not exactly mediocrity.

Wow see, I love Paolo and I wasn't even aware of all of that.

I only know him because he leases a bus from my husband for the N American shows. Where did you see him?

Club Congress- a very small night downtown club in Tucson, Arizona. Have you ever listened to any of his music? If not listen to the one FiFi40 posted, it's beautiful.

Sherry If you ever do get a chance to see him live- go. Not many people sound better live then recorded but he was just amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit