Pictures from The Paolo Nutini concert Last Night!!

by misanthropic 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Great picture Lisa! The only thing that sucked about the concert was that it had to end. Jeez he's a cutie, what a beautiful mouth... Ah well at least we got to see him in the front before he started doing concerts in huge places. I hope he comes out with a new album SOON. Glad you had a great time too!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm bumping this thread because first- that was a fun night and second, I still love Paolo.
    Have any other American's heard of him by now?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Yes, of course Americans have heard of him.

Sorry to say it, but no one is listening.

Why?

Paolo Nutini is somewhat less than mediocre.

~Sue

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Why?

~Sue

Well I definitely don't think so, I think he's great. Especially live.
    And I'm American.
    When I first posted this everyone here was more into some of junk that was the top of the charts- I think maybe even most of those "fantastic" artists could have even been classified as "lip synchers"

• fifi40
    fifi40

He is brilliant.........Last Request for you

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cxo7mp56UXY

His album is definitely available on i tunes....

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I only know him because he leases a bus from my husband for the N American shows. Where did you see him?

momz

• bisous
    bisous

color me green with envy! and you were so damn close too!!! looks amazing ... lucky you!

• bisous
    bisous

(and to think he performs in Yemen!!! what a giver! lmao)

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Why?

~Sue

Oh yeah. We Americans never listen to mediocre music. We stick to the really good stuff. You know, whatever Clear Channel and Disney feed us.

• bisous
    bisous

I think you have to be significantly better than mediocre, doing SOMETHING right, to land a contract with Atlantic Records at 18 years of age. Lots and lots of people are listening. Here in America, "New Shoes," the buoyant first single from "THESE STREETS," is currently blowing up at Triple A radio. The track - which was recently iTunes' "Single of the Week" - is now No 1 at the format, while also entering the top 40 at Hot AC outlets nationwide. What's more, VH1 has named Paolo its latest "You Oughta Know" artist, placing his "New Shoes" video in "You Oughta Know" rotation through the month of March. Previous VH1 YOK artists include KT Tunstall, Corrine Bailey Rae, the Fray, and Regina Spektor. Released January 30th, "THESE STREETS" is already shaping up as the first full-fledged critical smash of the New Year. Both People and USA Today awarded the album three-and-a-half stars, with the latter hailing "the breadth of talent (Nutini) shows... a series of thoughtful, evocative tunes that defy easy characterization." The New York Daily News noted that "voices like Nutini's come around just a few times in a generation." not exactly mediocrity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit