The date has now been set i now will have a step mum :(

by helncon 12 Replies latest jw friends

• helncon
    helncon

Well where do i start as of the 21st of April 2007 i will have a step mum 2 step sisters and a step brother, and i think even a few step neices and nephews.

I will only ever see them officially on this wonderful happy one day that my dad gets married. Oh great joy ! Other than this time i will never have anything to do with them.

Now when i got the phone call to say that this wonderful event was happening it came to me that after the words that my dad had spoken to me only last week stating that he had been told by the elders that his is to limit his contact with his DF children or he will be facing DF himself.

When i go to this wedding i WILL be saying congrats to my dad and i WILL be sitting in the front row and WILL have lots to do with him as i'd say this will be last time i will ever have contact with him. If the cong don't like it will thats just too bad i know i have the right to be there for my dad.

Helen

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((((((((((((((Helen))))))))))))))))))))

• PEC
    PEC

((((((((((( Helen )))))))))))

F**king book publishing company/cult.

Philip

• choosing life
    choosing life

Be there for your dad and enjoy the day. Screw them.

Hope he changes his mind about the future.

• helncon
    helncon

Do you know what even hurts that my so called witness brother can have everything to do with my dad but chooses not too and me who wants everything to do with my dad can't just because the JW say so.

And even that he said in his phone call that it hurts him that he (my brother) doesn't want anything to do with him. But hurts me even more that i now have to limit my contact.

What can you do but just try and hang in there and i hope one day he realises that family IS more important than a cult religion.

• DJK
    DJK

My father remarried seven months after my mother died. He did not invite any of his children. All six of us left the Jdubs when we were 18.

By attending the wedding, you'll have some time with your dad. And you can snub your nose at some of the Jdubs.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Helen,

I'm so sorry that all this nonsense is happening to you.

Stay close to your Dad on the day, hold his hand and tell him that you love him every chance you get. Act with dignity and don't make a scene.

Tell him simply that you'll always be there for him if he needs you, but that he'll have to accept you for who you are - his daughter.

tim (slighly related)

• deeskis
    deeskis

It was good to meet you the other day and put a face to the name, Glad our daughters hit it off and occupied their time!

So............on Sunday you weren't sure whether you would be able to attend the wedding. I guess that this is a positive step that your dad is sticking up for you?? Hope it all works out for you.

D

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Hel, It was good to meet you too on Sunday. I did not get to discuss with you whether you had talked to your father about why he believes it is the truth. Maybe if you have a few happy casual chats with him things might sink in over time. You don't have to say much, just ask him questions.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((Helen))))))))))))))))

Let us know how the wedding turns out

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit