"Did not defile themselves with women"

by Legolas 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legolas
    Legolas

So the 144000, wouldn't you say then are all men?

I can't remember what crap excuse they gave for that one to get out of it not only being men....But all the writer had to say was 'they were virgins' if it was both sexes.

What do you think?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, jewish men.

S

• Stealth
    Stealth

Don't you know, half of the verse (144,000) is literal and the other half (not defile themselves with women) is figurative.

That is why we need god's spirit directed organization to sort it all out for us.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    So the 144000, wouldn't you say then are all men?

"These are the ones that did not defile themselves with women, in fact, they are virgins..."- Rev 14:4

Not 144,000 men, silly. 144,000 unused tampons!

A woman cannot defile a man anymore than a man defiles a woman (as it happens in some cases of vaginitis).

INQ

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Isrealite men, yup, from the twelve tribes of judah.

lol @ INQ

• Legolas
    Legolas

LOL

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The only way this could make sense is if the women of the 144,000 were lesbians, opting not to act upon their carnal urges.

• Mary
    Mary
    But all the writer had to say was 'they were virgins'

I asked an elder this very same question once. The answer was: It only means in a 'spiritual sense'.

So you've got a literal number of spiritual Jews who are figurative men and are spiritual virgins. Makes perfect sense to me.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Maybe they were gay jewish men?

• DJK
    DJK

I recently had my first physical with my new doctor, a woman. She was much more thorough and caring as a doctor than all of the male doctor's I've had. I think we might be better off if all of the 144,000, were woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit