The WTBTS and Elders have too many stupid rules!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, they delete you for not having a book bag--and, with this "No marriage for you if you haven't served continuously as at least an assistant hounder since you turned 23", this should make you look at the organization as genocidal as well as stealing all your time. That combination can be used to enforce every possible rule--including dictating that it be a "proper" portfolio style bag and not a denim, canvas, or nylon bag. It can also be used to ban or regulate everything--from what color an umbrella you use (I personally recommend the Blunt umbrella in yellow, because it has blunt points for no poking out others' eyes and it is highly visible, but it will probably also be banned), to carrying a flashlight (not trusting in joke-hova).

A book bag serves one purpose, and one purpose only. It helps you manage handling your books in one place. This might be helpful if you have other things to handle at the same time, such as rags, many books, papers, and other items. But, if all you have is 1 or 2 books and the washtowel rag (which can be stuffed neatly inside one of them), a small folder style book holder, or no book holder at all, may be sufficient. While going in field circus, if you still go at all, I recommend not getting too big a bag. Not only it is more difficult to handle, but you could well be finding yourself pious-sneering. You just need to carry your damnation book, several rags, perhaps a few copies of whatever littera-trash you are featuring that month, and your call book and perhaps a few wastes of paper. Do you need a library-sized bag for that? And yes, if you are going in traffic in rainy or foggy conditions, I do recommend a bright yellow umbrella for better visibility.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Image result for phylactery

Forget the case on his forehead...look at the snout on that guy! WOW!!!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I like his nose
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Sorry to hear, doc. :frowning:

Satire, Garrett, satire.
    The last thing we need is two elders coming by to "encourage" us to attend meetings. Frankly, I don't think any of them have big enough kahunas. The elders here haven't had their nose in a book enough to where they have any ability to defend WT doctrine. They knew they'd leave with their head in their hand and their tail tucked between their legs.

They just follow along as the WTS pulls on their nose ring, kissing the COs ass in hopes that they might get an assembly talk. Pathetic.

Doc
  • blondie
    blondie

Cohones

Spanish slang for testicles, balls, nuts. Normally said in reference to someones bravery or "guts" The American "tunnel rats" in Vietnam had some big cohones kahunas

Borrowed from Hawaiian word kahuna (“a shaman or wizard”).

big kahuna (plural big kahunas)

1. (idiomatic) A boss, leader, chieftain, or top-ranking person in an organization.
      You'll have to talk with the big kahuna to get a decision on that.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

The photo of the two goobers with their over the shoulder strapped bags is the next big thing in JDubya land for the young wannabe hounders to strive for.

After seeing a couple pictures in the mags of guys with the little floppy hat and the shoulder strap bags every last mothers son in the congregation where I still go (for the sake of still in family) are now wearing the identical hats and bags.

What a bunch of brain-dead losers!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh my gawd--these rules!

I remember being given a really nice bookbag. We really did not have money for other things but we got those when we turned a certain age. A really nice, professional briefcase. I probably would have looked like a tiny lawyer if it weren't for the prairie skirts.

It was such a status symbol too--like you were more spiritual if you had one.

Idiotic.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I've made up my mind that if I ever were to start growing a beard and an elder were to ask me:

"Uh, what's that on your face? Is that dirt?"

My response would be:

"No. It's called beard - you know, that thing that Jesus and all the faithful Jewish prophets had but which the pagan Egyptians refused to have. . ."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit