A Question for Underground Apostates, How Many Are There?

by Village Idiot 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I reckon there are plenty of people in the org who don't buy in completely to the witness mindset or teachings...but as to whether they see the complete TTATT, is another matter.

Also, whether they would be classed as "apostate" is another step too...do they openly speak about the garbage, or influence others, or share thoughts on forums like this?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

My guess is 1 to 2 percent underground apostates coming with their wives or husbands (mostly wives).

25 percent have SERIOUS doubts about beliefs but figure where else are they going to go, and leaving is way too messy, and society might be right anyway, who knows. These may eventually come around at some point in their lives to being apostate.

50 percent on top of that have some doubts. The society is imperfect humans, but the truth is definitely there.

and less than 25 percent are true believers and suck up anything the WTBS says.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Still in and still an MS. My wife knows I don't believe but she isn't pushing the issue at the moment and neither am I. I wonder a lot about how many are awake. I think the number is low. I base that on how many views the most popular ex-dub YouTube videos get. Not all that many. Possibly up to 10,000 but even that is rare. I would guess .5% and even most of them are barely awake.
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere
    I know of at least one. She told me one time her ideal day in field service would be to go shopping and have lunch. Lol. The other sister has made some telling comments as well. I love when I hear it.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    On a designated Sunday in March, everyone who knows TTATT should cough when the 3rd word of the 3rd paragraph is read during the Watchtower Study.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    This is something I have wondered about. I'm guessing it would be low, and those that do know TTATT are to scared to say anything. I have heard of various ones e.g elders / Bethelites who for no apparent reason have just stopped having anything to do with the witnesses. Now knowing what I know I wonder if it was knowing the TTATT that was the catalyst for it. I remember some years ago I had a RV who was an inactive elder. I remember him just before he died having a bible beside him, and he always said he had a love for the scriptures, but never gave his reasons for stepping down and becoming inactive. It would of been interesting to find out his reasons.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

What do you class as "still in"?

I have been out 3 years and have not gone to a meeting but I faded for family reasons and thus I'm not disfellowshipped or disassociated.

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

I'm visiting family (In another country) right now and I have to pretend to be in. However, I obviously cannot compete with their uberdub-ism without gagging. So I just tag along to the meetings, saunter into FS and tune out during the family study... don't ask how!

I did however rock the boat with mum a couple of nights ago. I mentioned certain things about the fact that the cong may protect pedophiles, that we don't know really where all the money we put in the contribution box goes, and that this could be a man directed organization. She started to freak out!! And I'm not saying freaking out in a way that she's shocked at my insinuations and going to research them, but shocked those things could come out of my mouth.

She already knows I'm not as "zealous" as I used to be and with zero commenting at the meetings she and dad suspect there's something up with me. However, the other night I realized that anything I say to her at this moment is not going to make her see light. She will only hurt that I might be turning away from the "Truth" and talk WT to me endlessly till I turn back ot being the old uber-JW that I was.So what IS the point in hurting a family u see for a couple of weeks twice a year when all they do is worry about you year round?

I've decided to keep my mouth shut and pretend for hte rest of the time I'm here.

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword
    In short, I think you should add me to the count of underground apostates :-/
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    I am in but out. Still serving as a servant. I know at least 2 others in my congregation that are in the same boat. One is an elder. We like to throw each other a bone during our parts that can be taken 2 different ways. We look at each other when we do. He is stuck big time. Father is a "high" ranking elder in the circuit. Wife is a 3 gen anointed wackjob. I have a sister I am trying to wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit