A Question for Underground Apostates, How Many Are There?

by Village Idiot 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the comet
    the comet
    Still in here. As far as a percentage of people who know TTATT, 1 or 2% maybe? My question would be what % of witnesses can explain their beliefs without reading them from a watchtower or another publication, 10% maybe? I know of 1 df'd person in the hall who is awake but trying to get reinstated for family reasons only.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ prologos: "...This is not an underground movement like the resistance in france or the partisans in Yugoslavia..."

It would be great if such a resistance could be formed but it might never happen. Everyone will have to go their separate way.

It's good to hear that there might be three mentally out thinkers.

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse

Im still in cos of the family and some friends. My whole family is deeply in. Its hard to be mentally alone. I doubt in my Cong there's and underg apostates. Most of them are not intellectual enough to think for themselves.

I am sure there are some in other Cong's tho

• UFCFan
    UFCFan
    I'm still in, so you can count me on this list.
  • Jo_Sunshine
    Jo_Sunshine

Still technically in, but haven't been to a meeting in 2-3 months. I want to officially leave but my Mother wants me to at least think on it and fade, so they can't take my brother from me. (All but my brother and his family woke woke up at same time.)

Honestly the only reason I may just stay in until I move from my state, is because I work with 5 JWs and my bosses gush over us, well them now. 1 of them is my lead, so to avoid awkwardness and our bosses treating me differently I am showing self-control.

I've been contemplating working on the inside, but decided it isn't worth it personally.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ the comet: "I know of 1 df'd person in the hall who is awake but trying to get reinstated for family reasons only."

Not that it might be relevant but do you know if that person got disfellowshipped for apostasy?

UFCFan, it's a long list, you're in.

crazyhorse, sorry to hear about your family and your loneliness. It seems like there's no hope for those who are not independent minded but you never know what could happen.

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

Still in too. In my hall there's one bro I strongly feel is an undercover agent :) . I feel so due to the nature of his comments, how he presents his TMS parts and how quick he is at picking on jw behavior.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Jo_Sunshine, you're in a very tight spot because of your job situation. I hope your moving out of state helps your situation. Until then a simple fade is highly recommended. Don't do anything "official" like disassociating. The Elders are simply not worthy of it.

Tempest in a Teacup, I don't mean to be mean but I think that brother is on his way out.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I was a closet apostate elder for about 2.5 years until my wife finally awakened. We faded pretty rapidly within a matter of months after that.

om

• the comet
    the comet
    @Village no definitely not apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit