Has the number of 144,000 changed?

by TooBad TooSad 31 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Buttlight,

I was told precisely the same in a recent shepherding call from a C.O.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Hello,

My take on the entire thing is the WTS will never be able to accurrately count the number of anointed. When David tried to count the number of Israelites in a census, Jehovah punished David and the Israelites. I feel that once this doctrine was released about the Heavenly calling for those chosen, the WTS should have never instituted a count of the anointed. They opened a can of worms that cannot be closed now. Also I am familiar with the Heavenly calling, I know that Jehovah does the choosing and it's more than just a feeling. Jehovah gives them a sample or token of what is to come for them. That token lets them know that they are in the Heavenly fold. When they read or hear the Apostle Paul's words regarding their adoption, they feel a burning within their hearts. They no longer fit into the spectrum of earthly society. They know that Jehovah is their Father!!!! So when they are in trouble, they call out to their Father!!!!!!!!!

But to deny the white tree that is in the middle of the garden is ignorance. The honey and nectaur that funnels from this tree is undeniably satisfying. The worker bees work day and night going back and forth from the tree filling the entire airway with a buzzing noise tickling the ears of their listeners, but never causing harm to anyone or anything. The woman who cares for the tree has her hands out and they are filled with honey. She ask those who are worthy to partake to come an eat to satisfaction, because this is the best honey you will ever taste.

• kifoy
    kifoy

Undercover:
    «If there are 8,000 remnant left and 10 "fell away" and had to be replaced with 10 new ones, then the number is still 8000.»

Not if the 10 that has fallen didn't get the message... :-)

kifoy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good point Kifoy.

Otherwise, there was a thread about a new Memorial Outline that addresses the remnant.
    Nobody said what the "new" information will be. I am sure someone out there knows, so
    to get you to post it, I will make wild speculations. Here we go-

1. The GB will say the gathering is complete, many partakers are mistaken. They will stop
    counting.

2. There will be a new doctrine that Jehovah set aside many slots in the 144,000 for Africans and
    Asians and others who were almost entirely excluded in the 20th Century.

3. They will continue to count at the Memorial, but they will say that the number was filled and
    they will actually keep tabs on the 8000+ members of the remnant, perhaps even inviting them to
    HQ for their input.

4. The new information is about the remnant getting old, they will now choose "other sheep" for their
    Governing Body.

5. They discovered through new light that 144,000 is a symbolic number.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

6. They will introduce a "Test" that Fred Franz and C.T. Russell sent from Heaven
    to prove whether someone is anointed.

• sspo
    sspo

I hear it is about, 6 million, liars and/or mentally ill and/or delusional Witnesses out there.

Are Catholics, mormons, born again and Hindus and Muslims any different?

Come on, relax man, it's only another way of beleiving, another set of beleif that we do not agree

with. There are many happy witnesses just like many happy people in other religions.

Don't forget, they feel the same about you.

• sspo
    sspo
    I was told by an active jw, that they have to get rid of the whacko's who partake, thats why the numbers go up and down.........lol

How about starting from the top, those in Brooklyn, that would drop the number by at least 12

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Oh yee of little faith ,the explanation is obvious - the GB have been right about the prohecy of the 144,000 all the time!

And you all are opposers of truth, and Satan has snared all of you!

NOT!

• ozzy6969
    ozzy6969

Obviously, they are not all sealed. That is why the number increases every year.

• Axeman
    Axeman
    are not literal. 144 000 who are male, virginal, Jews

I know of a brother who started to take the emblems in the seventies. He stopped sleeping with his wife, for he now considered himself a virgin. Wife was not too pleased which is why everone knew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit