Has the number of 144,000 changed?

by TooBad TooSad 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Through out my Witness life I have always believed that when the partakers at Memorial went up that means

that some of the anoited were unfaithful and had to be replaced. I have beleived this for 40 years. For many

years the numbers reported taking the emblems did go down and then all of a sudden the numbers were increasing.

This morning as I was drinking my coffee it dawned on me that if there are 8,300 remaining and next year if 200 of

the anoited are unfaithful and need to be replaced the remaining number of 8,300 does not change and willl not

go up. (8,300 -200 unfaithful + 200 replacements =8,300).

If the Watchtower actually prints the final numbers which show an increase then the number of 144,000 has to

increase to the number reported. If the reported number increases by 200 then there has to be 144,200 going to heaven.

Why would they evern print that the number increases? Does any body agree with this?

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Makes sense to me. The active JW don't always notice these things. The elders may say that some of the annointed have not admitted to losing God's favour. You know there is always an explenation from the GB. One day the light bulb will go out and the light will no longer get any brighter. Hopefully it will be in my lifetime.

• Undecided
    Undecided

It's all about some feeling some JW has that he(or she) is called to be a bride in heaven. The increase my be the result of some food additive that caused this feeling in more JWs.

Ken P.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The organization is very frustrated with all the fakers. They're really messing up what used to be a great motivator to the r&f to feel a sense of urgency about the end. The org. can't win on this point. Either the number of authentic anointed is increasing, which goes against all WT doctrine, or there are at least several thousand liars and/or mentally ill and/or delusional Witnesses out there. Those who live in reality know that the number of those groups in the org. do and will continue to increase every year.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Before you know it, the GB will be saying the number of the 144,000 is a mistake and it should be 244,000 or 144,000,000

• undercover
    undercover

This morning as I was drinking my coffee it dawned on me that if there are 8,300 remaining and next year if 200 of

the anoited are unfaithful and need to be replaced the remaining number of 8,300 does not change and willl not

go up. (8,300 -200 unfaithful + 200 replacements =8,300).

I remember when I had that same revelation.

If there are 8,000 remnant left and 10 "fell away" and had to be replaced with 10 new ones, then the number is still 8000. So how can the number go up? (if those in heaven are falling away at that rate, something's bad wrong in heaven.)

What it is, is that your mind is becoming free to think for it self. As you continue in your journey away from the control of the WTS and JWs, you will start to realize that a lot of little things (and some larger ones as well) previously accepted as fact do not hold up or make sense when scrutinized.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

My question is: Why doesnt't the WTS just lie about the number and show a decrease rather

than an increase? We all know that all other reported numbers are not correct. A decrease in

the number of the anoited will keep the troops excited. If there are 8,300 reported and if the WTS shows

a decrease of 300 a year this can stretch out for 27 years. (8,300 divided by 300) Wouldn't that make more

sense than showing an increase?

• aniron
    aniron

Last yearly report has it that the "anointed" increase over the year before by 234.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Its all hogwash. The WT is just a big fake money making machine and they don't even care anymore to try and fake nice. JWs are so mentally destroyed and spiritually bankrupted by the org. that they don't even question. And when they DO, they are not an issue as they are expelled from Jehovah's organization.

Does it ever occur to anyone else here that if Jehovah (and does he LIKE that version of his name, anyhow?) really had a people for his name, that he would want the WT org. representing them/him? Would he even care to be associated with such a corrupt load of ninnyhammers? Would he be mortified that they were using his name?

• PEC
    PEC

there are at least several thousand liars and/or mentally ill and/or delusional Witnesses out there.

I hear it is about, 6 million, liars and/or mentally ill and/or delusional Witnesses out there.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit