My Bethel Experience final chapter

by new boy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

read every chapter...thanks for sharing.

lisa

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Thanks newboy for your experiences, which as an ordinary publisher ,I would never had imagined the picture you've painted.

And also metatron for your bit about conscription ,that explained alot.

I've only ever known one ex-bethelite ,the daughter of a "brother" I worked for once. She studied engineering and drafting because her father was a builder and got baptised late after her studies finished (she was pressured alot to get baptised) at about 20. Not long after being baptised the Australia bethel called her in to work there ,amazing is it not, don't get higher education but if ya got it we'll use you up. Other people had been slogging it out pioneering to get the "privelege" of going to bethel but were rejected, but she falls into it.She is a lovely girl though ,and when they finished their extensions at bethel out she went with a new husband.

• new boy
    new boy

Thank you all.

Many have said they want to know what happen after I left.

So I guess I will scrape together one or two post about my strange life after being in "the house of God".

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

please we want to know how you moved around the various rungs of the society ladder

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just wanted to add my thanks for your stories. My family and I visited Bethel three times. I had told my husband that I wanted to go to Bethel to pick out a husband for my daughter when she got old enough. I always thought the ones there were so priveledged and lived a life close to paradise.

Just another falsehood ---sheeesh!!!

• betty boop
    betty boop

Im so sad its over New Boy. But hopefully if you remember more and want to share im sure we will all read it! Your posts were amazing, thank you!!!

I remember i had the biggest crush on this Bethelite. I met him at a party and we became close - his friends and my friends. Anyway he has since gotten married and returned to California but i have always wondered how it woulda been to date him. He was fine! But i think i was always a lil "wordly" if you know what i mean so i might have..umm...influenced him in ways that wouldnt have been ok, for the JW's at least. tee hee

• garybuss
  • Kaput
    Kaput

What are those, Gary? Bethel body bags?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Maybe New Boy or one of the Bethel veterans will tell us.

• clarity
    clarity

Great reading ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit