That's What I'M Talkin' About!

by Farkel 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Call me a curmudgeon. There are just some expressions in today's vernacular that are just idiotic, and "That's What I'M Talkin' About" is one of these. It is so ghetto.

Several people are saying 'blah, blah, blah, de blah and more de blah..." Suddenly, a dimwit in the group hears something that dimwit didn't even mention but happens to like the subject and then dimwit blurts out, "Now THAT is what I'M talkin' about!"

The problem is, dimwit NEVER talked about the subject before it just came up and that same dimwit has just said "THAT" is WHAT it was talkin' about! Should dimwit say something like, "NOW THAT is something I would like to talk about," I would not have a problem, but dimwit acts as if dimwit was already talking about the subject that dimwit never even brought up!

This is lazy English, and I dun't lik lasy Englush.

Farkel

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Now, That's What Im Talking about!!!!

great thread .......I can tell!

purps

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Isnt that a phrase coined by Joey in Friends epsiode 23 season 1? And therefore beyond all criticism?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Call me a curmudgeon.

Okay, if you insist... curmudgeon.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

most hated phrase in the Uk is "innit?" - pointless and winds me up every time I here it!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::then dimwit blurts out, "Now THAT is what I'M talkin' about!"

Actually I've never heard anyone say it in such proper English. Usually it goes more like, "Dats wut I'm talkin' bout!"

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

More like 'Now that's what I was thinking but didn't have the courage to say until someone more popular said it first!'

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I hate "wazzup,"

and "soo ghetto" in the valley girl tone

and valley girl speak

and ebonics

esp. when the one speaking substandard english act like sumpin's wrong wit u if u don't spk thr langwich

• AlmostAtheist
  • jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

"you's guyses"

and...

"what-not"

bug me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit