Jw Business Cards??? Really???

by Nosferatu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Holy Christmas! It looks like the JW is already shaking down this family for money! The way he's got his hand out, they should include a caption like, "When we say "free personal Bible study" it means we're going to personally free you from your money while we distract you with empty promises."

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Berrygerry - I was thinking of copying everything but the qr code. That way they'd be unwittingly sending people to jwfacts and they wouldn't just get tossed right away.
  • HappyDad
    HappyDad

Wow!!!

Reading this and so many other posts as to where the religion is at this time.........I can't believe I bought into this hook, line and sinker for over 30 years.

Sooooooo happy that I'm no part of this crap for the past 16 years.

HappyDad

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    As long as they point people to the stoopid website, they don't care what they hand out!
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    The cards have different pictures. I know about 3 different pictures until today.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Huh.

Well, considering the WTS's true nature (a business) and the role the R&F ultimately plays (business representatives), this is surprisingly... honest.

• hoser
    hoser
    Maybe they think that Jws won't be as embarrassed handing out business cards in casual attire vs full on field service
  • blondie
    blondie

I though business cards had your name on it and how to contact you.

My husband said that only elders and COs and DOs had cards. Publishers haven't had them for years and were even told not to make their own.

*** km 4/09 p. 4 Question Box ***

Is it appropriate for congregations or individuals to use the logos of legal corporations used by Jehovah’s Witnesses?

A logo is a name, symbol, or trademark designed for easy and definite recognition. The Watch Tower logo is representative of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and other corporations used by the organization. The Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses uses an open Bible in its letterhead. Other corporations used by Jehovah’s Witnesses have different logos.

Congregations or individuals should not use logos or names of the organization’s legal entities, or variations thereof, on their Kingdom Halls, signs, letterhead, personal objects, and so forth. Such use of the organization’s logos may cause confusion for public officials, publishers, and others about the legal affiliation of the congregation with the organization’s legal entities. Similarly, written correspondence could be misinterpreted as being approved or sent from the world headquarters or the branch office.

The Watch Tower logo, or a variation of it, should not be used in future Kingdom Hall projects even if the Kingdom Hall is owned by a Watch Tower entity. Congregations with existing Kingdom Halls that bear a logo are not required to make immediate changes to signs or designs, since such changes may involve major alterations and much time, effort, and expense. However, consideration should be given to making a change if it would be minor and would not require extensive work. Otherwise it can be made when the building or sign is scheduled for renovation.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie, that's "old light" about the logos. The little blue dot is springing up on KHs all through out the land.

To Blue Dot or Not to Blue Dot. That is the question

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The web-site, coupled with the 144,000 Club, is the ORG's last chance to control the minds of followers. They MUST advertise the web-site, which leads to the 144,000 Club. These are sources of carefully crafted propaganda, which maximize the retention of the customer base, or as McDonalds calls their customers, "heavy users."

The ORG will do anything to survive, because like any parasitic organism, it has no choice. It just does whatever it has to do, including, lying in court, lying in print, lying on film, lying at conventions, revising its own history on the fly, DF'ing all who disagree with its dogma, destroying family bonds, ect. Handing out cheap business cards is no big deal.

The nice thing about the cards is that faders can easily copy them, or alter them to spread TTATT. When you go to the Dr., or wait at the bus stop, go to your local coffee shop, or visit a campus, just leave the altered cards!

The WTBTS's laziness will work to our advantage. If we make the actual truth available, less and less intelligent people will become JWs. As time passes, the WTBTS will become even less relevant. In time, Wikipedia will refer to JWism as a small religious movement, centered around Warwick NY, with scattered adherents in 3rd world countries. The exact number of this Millerite splinter group is unknown.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit