It can always be worse. Be thankful.

by Sparkplug 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Life as some of you know has been so wonderful and so sucky at the same time lately and it is all flying so fast and well I am in a bit of deep depression. (heavy sarcasm)

But really, I went to the store today and was spending my last few bucks till Friday buying eggs and taters. I found a freaking slim slice of meat at a reasonable price and some frozen veggies.

So I check out and think...HAH, I made it with 10 dollars left. Good job. I watch people grabbing up over priced flowers and cheeze doodles and I was feeling a bit sorry for myself till Friday. Oh well.

Then this guy comes in with his feet clack, cracked, about frostbit and it is sooooooooo cold here right now. At any rate, I felt so bad for him. No socks and no shoes. He obviously is insane and probably is not able to make good decisions. I don't care how he got where he is...he is a human and it is cold. Be it drugs, crazy...who knows. I saw his feet and wanted to fix it.

So I go to the car and debate giving him my socks. Nah...too tacky.
    my shoes...duh probably wont fit.
    well I know the store always has flip flops and socks. Surely I can do that with my last ten.

So I went in and tried to find them. I can't. So I ask someone and say I need them for that man. Can she put them in his bag and just not tell him?

The lady told me he never wears shoes. That he has some condition that makes him unable to wear socks or shoes. I am thinking "mental" But his feet were so cold.

So this other man walks up that was trying to wish me a happy valentines and catch my eye. He proceeds to tell me how freaking sick the mans feet look and how it ruined his lunch. I thought to myself..."No wonder he is single."

At any rate, I could not help him and it sucks. I was sad because I am having tater's or eggs tonight and yet he still has no shoes.

I asked where he lived and if he had family. They said yes he has both. I thought maybe some local charity I know may be able to help him.

At any rate I feel so sad. I also feel so appreciative. It can always get worse. I am thankful it has not.

• RAF
    RAF

Sparkplug

I know sometime you feel helpless ... But you tried (you didn't think : I don't care) ... it gives our own life an other perspective (still it doesn't feel really better, we just feel lucky).

But still it's weird when someone that looks really in trouble don't want or refuse many kind of help and whatever you say tells you it won't work for him/her (my last one that's a few month ago was a 19 years girl - very beautifful - I still wonder about her - her hair cut in a weird way, all messy clothed ... ).

• Warlock
    Warlock
    At any rate I feel so sad. I also feel so appreciative. It can always get worse. I am thankful it has not.

SPARKY, DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M THANKFUL OF? THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN THE WORLD.

YOU DID YOU BEST. THAT'S ALL ANYONE CAN DO.

Warlock

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I read once that if you have just an average income in the U.S. (say $20-25k) that puts you amongst the top 6-8% wealthiest people on planet Earth. Dunno if that's true or not, might be one of those urban legends.

My first thought when I read that was I do not want to come back in another life. If this life is this hard, being amongst the most well-to-do people on the planet, geez maybe I want to move on to something else next time.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I'M THANKFUL FOR SPARKPLUG TOO. I love you, Decki, you are such an amazing person.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I also feel so appreciative. It can always get worse. I am thankful it has not.

Ditto

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

pk, now a bit of what went through my head. I worried because I was so down on my luck this week and basically jacked up my finances and cannot straighten a thing till Friday that the person who helped me might be mad that I bought this man flip flops...(If I had) and then as I drove to pick up my daughter, I kept saying to myself...It all comes around...It all comes around.

So I get to the school and my daughter who has lost at least 10 sweatshirts this year..NO JOKE...had misplaced her jacket once again this morning and her earmuffs. So I was upset early this morning as I shoved her into a non uniform sweater and thought...deal with it.

So when I get to the school...there are 4 giant tables of lost and found. The lady tells me to go get what I need. So I found 5 sweatshits and thought to myself...It sure does. I am sure they were not all the exact ones I had bought, but we are covered...she is warm and I kinda thought that even for the thought, I was given a round of good back.

I know it sounds a bit crazy and I could logic it away...but that is how my head works and a clue into how I am able to keep it all going.

Then I got home and thought of all the chocolate people left at my desk today and the nice presents I got in the last few days. I smiled because the house is warm and my son has enough spoilt about him that he can fight about not doing the dishes. I gave him hell, but I was glad he had dirty dishes to do. That means we are eating.

Decki

Ps you all are funny. I know you would have gone back also. Freaking GGBG would have sat down and made him shoes.

RAF~ great to see someone else that takes an active part in life!

Warlock. Thanks., There are a million of me out there. So I know it is no big thing.

Big Tex. I know how you feel. But on the flip side. He muct be weathered. He has done this for years, so I have some hope that I am sure people have tried and he is surviving. Sometimes crazy does not know it is miserable.

Twitch. I thought of the man that has no feet envies the one that does not have shoes....ya know?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Sometimes crazy does not know it is miserable.

LOL, yeah ain't that the truth, Spark! THIS should be my motto!

I wouldn't know how to make the guy shoes, but I have big feet so he coulda had mine... blast you little women and your tiny feminine feet! LOL. Just kidding.

The point of all of this is that Decki, you are wonderful, and you don't give yourself enough credit, and I aspire to be like you some day. Truly.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Hey Sparky, you aren't allowed to have a pity party. You've come to far to do that now, and have so many reasons to hold that head up with pride.

I think you of all people are paid up on the Karma front.

Winter is almost over, just don't forget that there is a cycle to everything, just imagine how good it's gonna get!

(((Sparkplug)))

WLG

• hambeak
    hambeak

Oh Sparky I know how big hearted you are and a really sweet person. s

Just be careful with some of these folks you see. I see a lot of them at the Kroger on Cedar Springs and most are either on dope, alcohol or just cons and looking for a person with a big heart. Some just plain nuts.

Be careful sweetie, your family needs you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit