OH, THE IRONY OF IT ALL.............Global Warming

by Warlock 84 Replies latest social current

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Qcmbr

you may abuse me publically all you like

Hypocrite, she was taking your lead.

but like I said intimidation isn't what convinces me.

LOL. Nor facts.

If you can't see the coming wave of environmnetal taxation and constraint on people's freedom

Hypocrite. You dare to bleat on about constraints on freedom when in your 'ideal' world many freedoms would be constrained...

that will do nothing whatsoever to affect our C02 emissions (as already stated china and India wipe out any small reductions and continued economic growth in other developed countries will also add to the man made outputs) but will give the government another slice of our incomes.

And now China and India are coming on board, what is your excuse for sticking your head in the sand?

As for ice cores show me an exact temperature for ten years ago derived from an ice core and show me how that was 'the' temperature at the time - account for location, altitude, global temperature and convince me that there was such a thing as an average temperature and we know what it was.

LOL. Once again you show how little you know. And don't get all frothy at your (mealy) mouth. This is YOU showing YOU up by YOUR lack of knowledge. You proudly declaim how you are too indolent (my phrasing) to bother opening a book or doing research on a subject. And ask questions which show you know so little you make mistakes in the assumptions made within your QUESTIONS, as well as those factual erors in your answers.

Why do you do this Qc? You make yoursel an object of fun. It is YOU that do this.

What makes you so special that without any decent research on your part you can declare thousands of scientists wrong? Your arrogance is sickening.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Awww. QC - I did not realize that I was abusing you "publically" (or at all), by pointing out the faults of your argument. I wish to state for the record and for sake of my personal integrity, that I did not intend to hurt your feelings.

I also would like to add that you have chosen to argue your points on a public board, and if anyone else here has chosen to insult you and if you have chosen also to insult them, well . . . perhaps that is the price one pays for arguing on a public board, no?

Sorry you took it all so personally.

I am sure you are a very busy and hard-working person and that it is difficult to research and to follow along with scientific arguments. I myself also find it challenging and would never seek to abuse you or any other person who is challenged as I am.

If you truly feel that you have been "publically abused," I urge you to report that to the moderators so that they may take appropriate action.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Can one of you science deniers explain to me why you deny science, especially vis-à-vis global warming? Cuke alluded to it when he talked about "coming wave of environmnetal [sic] taxation and constraint on people's freedom", but I'd like someone to spell it out for me.

What is wrong with reducing pollution? What is wrong with finding alternative fuel sources? What is wrong with reducing carbon emissions? Why are these bad things? Even if you disagree with the climate experts on human-caused climate change, what reason can you possibly produce for being FOR POLLUTION?

Warlock, Qcmbr, et al.? Why do you support pollution? Why are you opposed to cleaner energy and cleaner air? Why? I just don't get it.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

UB - I have said several times that I'm all in favour of reducing pollution. Now if only I could find a way to remove the verbal pollution of some people...

This is how I would promote global improvement:

1/ Absolute free trade so that inefficiencies in production would be removed (no subsidies for overproduction or to produce goods in less efficient means.)
    2/ Introduce the purchase of sorted rubbish by introducing a tax break. Local taxation would be reduced according to the recycled, sorted product returned by householders. Extend this to businesses.
    3/ Employ the prison population in recycling schemes ranging from sorting through to re-manufacturing and wood working.
    4/ Employ all benefit seekers who are able to work on environmental schemes (reforestation, old forest clearance, urban public garden projects etc..)
    5/ Make a wind turbine part of new building regulations. Offer tax incentives to home owners to invest in turbines along with further emphasis on building insulation.
    6/ Promote building codes using natural materials with an emphasis on wood from managed forests.
    7/ Ban plastic packaging where paper will suffice (all carrier bags to be paper based.
    8/ Nappy recycling to be used to create soil improver.
    9/ Explore benefits of carbon loading soil (crushed charcoal soil addition increases soil nutrient retention, cleans downstream runoff and enhances many crop types with the benefit of slowing locking carbon into a slower recycling cycle.)
    10/ Make it illegal to have standby mode on household electricals.
    11/ Introduce a range of motion detecting streetlighting for b roads.
    12/ Introduce nationwide free internet coverage and taxation breaks for companies with homeworkers.
    13/ Introduce the promotion of Friday half days to reduce hours worked. Reintroduce Sunday closing for retail outlets.
    14/ Make public transport a top priority. All road and fuel taxation to be targeted at infrastructure improvement.
    15/ Introduce night haulage policy (all qualifying goods to be moved between hours of eight and six) to move most heavy goods by night and reduce daytime congestion.
    16/ On an international scale sponsor conservation projects and land forestation schemes.
    17/ Negotiate debt reduction for conservation projects.
    18/ Promote technological aid for developing economies to reduce mistakes made in Europe during industrialisation.
    19/ Introduce a drive for replacement component technology over replacement unit technology - repair rather than replace achieved through. Drive this by making research grants and investement grants for technology that promotes this.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

under_believer , people believe in what makes them feel comfortable,I mean some people believe(today)the earth is flat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit