CONFIRMATION new watchtower mag arrangement

by yesidid 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

One wonders whether this change is in response to any response from people who received their magazines from JWs in their door-to-door distribution and found the so-called ``study articles" incomprehensible for the uninitiated.

• willyloman
    willyloman

The WT Printing and Publishing Corp. is like a huge oil tanker that takes forever to slow down, stop and change directions. They announced the new format for the TMS, and the accompanying new book, a year in advance as well.

The real news, in my view, is they have cut the WT from a twice a month magazine to a monthly. The "study" version, not for public consumption, can evolve into sort of a thicker version of the Kingdom Ministry used for the Service Meeting, which would eliminate the expensive full color covers and artwork. They may not do that right away, but it's a logical next step. This also cuts the circulation of the WT magazine, since the dubs-ony WT circulation is limited by the number of publishers, currently around 6.5 million, a much smaller number than the 20 million or so claimed circulation of the magazine.

Think of it! In the space of 18 months, the Society will have killed half its magazine circulation and the average dub will still believe there's growth.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Willylo-

WITHIN 18 months half the magazine circulation can be halved -

Right on!!

I think the next thing will be to publish the annual report in mere percentages, not actual numbers. (these mean very little as they are massaged and false anyway)

HB

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

One Awake per month for the public now one Watchtower to go with the one Awake.

It's a way to cut back on the amount of Awakes they publish and cure the confusion of offering the same Awake with a different Watchtower. Too many publishers were confused and offering the same Awake on their return visits.....maybe?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If this is a money saving strategy, why would they wait till January of 2008? Why not start sooner?

They might have already written the articles for 2007.
    They certainly want to spin this positively all year before it happens.
    They might have voted on the mags for the entire service year (Sept.-Aug.) and could have
    started in Sept. with this change or started later. Later allows all DC's to finish.

They may not be set up for the new format for the middle of the month.
    They may have some incredible BS to publish before the change.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I just might be able to get my hands on the letter. Tomorrow night I'm giving the announcement. I could conveniently "forget" to give the letter back to the PO and make a quick dash out of the hall. Take a few photos, and then... heh heh.

• Gregor
    Gregor

They are still confronted with the dilemma of CONTENT. They have created a monster (the R&F) that expects forward progress in the coming of Armageddon and the New Order. Even though the WTS essentially turned the firehose on them with their dilution of the 1914 dead end prophecy, they still want more of the addictive drug - anticipation. The special study edition might even backfire by creating a more focused study (and scrutiny) of what the WTS is putting out as "light" and "spiritual food in due season".

• Amazing
    Amazing

Another way to look at this, is that the GB know that WT study articles are boring, stupid, and do not appeal to the public. So, they would rather issue one that presents their marketing image, and then one that they use to inculacate (indoctrinate) the JWs with their nonsense. Kind of like the Pied Piper who enticed children with his candy and charm, and then once inside the walls of Candyland, the slavery and abuse begin. (Believe me, those study articles are mental abuse ... as they are unfounded, boring, nonsense that numbs the mind and reduces the reader to a mind-numbed robot.)

Jim Whitney

• quixote
    quixote

My bigest worry is if Blondie will be able to continue her wonderful thesises (sp?) of the studies.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    My bigest worry is if Blondie will be able to continue her wonderful thesises (sp?) of the studies.

If the wt could encode the new rags with "anti-Blondie" spyware they would. They have to realize the threat that Blondie is to the "thinking" members of the r&f. I am completely confident the the fds.. (I mean the jwd) will provide our spiritual rebuttal at the proper time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit