CONFIRMATION new watchtower mag arrangement

by yesidid 56 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

It's true. I just come back from the service meeting myself, it will start on Jan 2008. There will be 2 editions of the WT. On the 1st of the Month, the "public" version will be printed and on the 15th of the month the "study" version will be printed. The "study" version will contain all the study articules for the month and will NOT be available to the public, but I don't know if this means that the public can't have the "study" version even if some ask for it, I will have to ask someone.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It cant be, the preaching work is done so they don't need to print the 1st of the month article and they are saying that the end is at least a year away.

Or maybe they just dont know!!!!!!!!!

abr

• carla
    carla

How do jw's handle questions from new studies about a 'public issue' and then another issue for members only? That was my question when all hit the fan around here, why did they have a 'public' meeting and then other meetings that the public could not attend? Shouldn't that be a red flag to people? It sure was an issue for me! (not that I'd go of course)

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

This does sound a bit of a red flag to me. What's the point where you start seeing the more in depth articles? Do you only read the 1st of the month Watchtower until you're baptized? Will they be studying the second Watchtower at the Kingdom Hall? It sounds a bit crazy to me, you could potentially be thinking the JW's are completely different until you're trapped in the orginization. This is a very odd thing, but it does definetly prevent the general public from reading some whack-job, crack-pot theories LOL.

• KW13
    KW13

imaging the speculation from dubs at this "signs of the end, the society knows something".

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

THey are so wacked. If what they 'teach' was truth, one would think it was fit to be given out publically! I hope it sends up red flags!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Now the grass fire announcement that the command to preach has been fulfilled makes more sense. That was the groundwork for this change.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WOW, I can only imagine the wild speculations this will start.
    This is good for the GB. Get all the rank and file wondering what this means for
    the time of the end. "We're circling the wagons for Satan's attack."
    "We are in the warning work, now. We better do good in door-to-door work, it
    might be the last time we speak to that person- for real this time."

They are going to let the buzz build for the entire year, pushing it along at the
    conventions. Good ploy. It won't wear out until May or June 2008 for most of them.

The reality is- The cost of printing something that nobody wants means not much
    money. They will cut back printing and save some money. The recruiting work doesn't
    change much from magazine to magazine, the public doesn't really care. They will say
    that this way, the publishers will be able to stay on one topic longer. Whoopee.

• sandy
    sandy

Does this mean the "members only" edition will only contain the month's study articles?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    WOW, I can only imagine the wild speculations this will start.
    This is good for the GB. Get all the rank and file wondering what this means for
    the time of the end. "We're circling the wagons for Satan's attack."
    "We are in the warning work, now. We better do good in door-to-door work, it
    might be the last time we speak to that person- for real this time."

I was thinking this too. I have always felt that they will have to some drastic things to shore up their lame predictions. Predict the great tribulation. Say that it has started. Or proclaim the door to the spiritual ark is closed. The KoolAid has to get passed around or they will look even stupider than they usually do in a few years. 2014 will be a very hard time for them when there is no Armageddon. This will be a red flag to the public, but for dubs Who cares? Those ignorant people are about to die anyway.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit