new watchtower mag arrangement

by shadowofbathory 122 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi shadowofbathory, and welcome to the forum.

I agree with those who have said that this is a move by the wtbts to try and prevent the study articles falling into the hands of us apostates so easily.

The org must be well aware that watchtower articles are discussed on forums like this one, and I expect they also know that we are none too complimentary towards their offerrings of spiritual slop food. It's an obvious cost-cutting exercise as well, so they'll save a bit more $$ towards paying for all those lawsuits.

I somehow doubt that the instruction not to distribute it to irregular attenders will increase attendance much, but maybe that's another thing they hope to get from this move.

Whatever their intentions, I doubt we'll be seeing the awake for much longer. As one poster said, the awake will soon be put to sleep.

dedpoet

• Zico
    Zico

Thanks for this info Shadow, I've been wondering for a while why they haven't done this, keeping the hardcore articles out of public view will be seen as a good tactic for them. It says a lot if they won't be allowing the public to view them, doesn't it? If they do follow this change by getting rid of the Awake! then it will be a BIG clue that they're having major cash problems.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Sounds like an attempt to get more secretive and controlling to their remaining members!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If this is true this is dynamite information - but to me makes sense

• Gill
    Gill

The study articles are such total BS nowaday, little wonder they want to hide their excrement!

I think of a particular article on wifely subjection that suggested to husbands that they counsel their wives on ' their dress and makeup' if this was not up to Christian standards.

How many men would risk a frying pan round the head for that little offering?

Oh Yes! The WT has a lot of BS to hide from those who wish to ridicule their foolishness!!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They clearly have come to the realization that printing millions of magazines each month that end up in the trash or on a slelf is a worthless activity.

• blondie
    blondie

II. Information Control ("I" of Steven Hassan's BITE Model)

1. Use of deception

a. Deliberately holding back informationb. Distorting information to make it more "acceptable"
    c. Outright lying

2. Access to non-cult sources of information minimized or discouraged

a. Books, articles, newspapers, magazines, TV, radio
    b. Critical information
    c. Former members
    d. Keep members so busy they don't have time to think and check things out.

3. Compartmentalization of information; Outsider vs. Insider doctrines

a. Information is not freely accessible
    b. Information varies at different levels and missions within pyramid
    c. Leadership decides who "needs to know" what and when

4. Spying on other members is encouraged

a. Pairing up with "buddy" system to monitor and control
    b. Reporting deviant thoughts, feelings, and actions to leadership
    c. Individual behavior monitored by whole group

5. Extensive use of cult generated information and propaganda

a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audio tapes, videotapes, and other media
    b. Misquotations, statements taken out of context from non-cult sources

6. Unethical use of confession

a. Information about "sins" used to abolish identity boundaries
    b. Past "sins" used to manipulate and control; no forgiveness or absolution

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

The average 'Give Them Hell' articles written for the rank and file, never could be understood by the public and sometimes made them look like idiots. So, yes, a special edition for the public is in order and can be offered for the whole month, because nobody reads them anyway.

Outaservice

I completely agree outaservice. Blondie - my doctor says I must miss at least 3 to be considered irregular.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

3. Compartmentalization of information; Outsider vs. Insider doctrines

a. Information is not freely accessible
    b. Information varies at different levels and missions within pyramid
    c. Leadership decides who "needs to know" what and when

That nails it as to what they are trying to do. If they can keep their main brainwashing study articles more in house, they can make them more controlling without the general public being aware of it, and I guess they are hoping to keep them out of ex jws hands as well, though I somehow doubt they will manage that. There are more than enough disgruntled jws who still attend to make sure the study articles keep cropping up on this site and others.

dedpoet

• Gill
    Gill

Desperate measures! Says something about how afraid they are of being uncovered for what they are!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit