new watchtower mag arrangement

by shadowofbathory 122 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When the new Watchtower arrangement letter was read in our congregation, our secretary said, with no hint of irony:

I am sure we all thank Jehovah for this loving provision and look forward to that very exciting time.

What kind of state must your mental horizon be in for a small shift in magazine arrangements to count as something exciting to look forward to?

Good God was the brother on bended knee of praise that evening!

Slim

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting SBF.

Like God would care if the society printed separate lies for one group and another set of lies for another group? The internal tools for making this an even more dangerous cult are taking shape, and it gives me shivers of fear for those unaware inside.

Jeff

• Gill
    Gill

The KoolAid Commeth!

How many will drink from the cup?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The KoolAid Commeth!

How many will drink from the cup?

Depends Gill. Is it grape or cherry?

• Gill
    Gill

nvrgnbk - You have a preference?

The WT will 'sweeten' their KoolAid, with the sweet promises/lies of everlasting life on a paradise earth! Is that an appealing flavour? Time will tell!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I guess I was running ahead of the WT organization even 40+ years ago! Never offered those "unreal" study articles anyway in door to door back then anyway!

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Do you think there will be a lot of folks who just won't understand the new arragement, still leaving them in laundromats, in not-at-homes and distributing them to their uninterested grandneices as they demand, "this is good information! People need to hear this!". I think so, for a while anyway. The WTS needs to look out for those wacky old ladies. Their most loyal followers could be their worst enemy!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Dubs in the family seem unfazed by this "adjustment" - say they did like offering heavy articles anyway and hope the new ones will be more attractive..& .Impressed that the evil Internet was ahead of the cong announcement!

The recent covers dont exactly leap off the shelf to the reader

Will Cruelty End? [jet black background with bold letters]

Comfort for Grieving Parents [pic in soft focus of weeping people]

• undercover
    undercover

I posted this on another thread, but it fits here as well:

Last week I had a JW relative tell me about the new change in the magazines. I knew it here weeks ago and was surprised that it took this long for someone from my former JW world to tell me about it.

To his credit, he figured that it was partly a cost-cutting measure and for a split second I thought, "he's having some independant thought...maybe I can work on this." but my joy was short-circuted when he continued on with how excited he was to have just a "JW only" Watchtower. When I asked why that was, he commented that most of the WT study material was over the head of the householders, so why waste it on them...and wasn't it great how the F&DS knew just how to make changes always for the better...

I agreed that it was probably a cost-cutting thing and let it go...not worth the argument at the time.

It just shows that no matter what the WTS throws at the rank and file, they are, for the most part, going to gobble it up as heaven sent from Jehovah himself.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Didnt think Christ "hid" anything, he taught in parables so those who didnt want to know the truth could stay stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit