My Bethel Experience Part III

by new boy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

These stories are hilarious. They almost remind me of the way JT used to tell of his experiences. If you were to add - *grin* - to your sentences, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

New Boy:

You have a knack for telling a story. Keep up the good work about exposing what REALLY goes on in "God's organization".

The only thing that bothers me when I am reading these awful stories about your stay in that "holy" place is that any die-hard JW lurker who reads your accounts will reason to himself that this is only about "imperfection" of people and will still reason to himself that he has the "truth".

LHG

• new boy
    new boy

Some folks ask me to bring my bethel experiences out of the bone yard for the newer ones here.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

very nice. thanks

• belbab
    belbab

Episode four coming up sounds like the film of Saddam Husein in his early years calling out names for execution and his goons going into the audience and dragging them out.

I hope my anticipations are not that figureatively bad.

belbab

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Belbab asked me to help him post this excellent photograph - which he assures me is not modified in any way!

alt

• belbab
    belbab

Thanks Nathan,

This photo was taken by Gary Botting co author of the Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1984. He told me the photo is not doctored in anyway, it's just selective where he took it from.

At that time he was part of a group picketing the Watch Tower. I guess he was just exposing himself to the Orwellian World, just to get the feel of it.

While there he told me that when the Bethelites were going from building to building at lunch time, he kept pace with Albert Shroeder, a member of the GB and was firing questions at him. There was a big Afro-American body guard that kept trying to get beween Gary and Albert, so Gary stuck his foot out and tripped him and the body guard went flying.

The Watch Tower called the police. A number of them came. Another big afro-A, this time one of the police, menacingly approached the protesters. As the Witness group approached the protesters, as a group they jay walked across the street to avoid them.

Gary asked the big policeman: Why did the Jehovah's Witness cross the road?

Then he answered for him: Because they're chicken.

The policeman broke into a big smile.

NB: Gary has a copyright on this picture, priceless.

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

New Boy,

I enjoy the humour laced with pathos in your Bethel prison sentence.

I would like to ask you a couple of questions:

With all the tedious, monotonous, depressing long hours of work did any of you slack off whenever you could, long pee breaks etc. Hiding behind rolls of paper? Or even thinking of slowing things down, with a few breakdowns etc.Whenever there are slavish conditions the productive quality of work goes down, unless the golden brownie points drove you on.

Next question, back in the sixties, Bethel did not have an in house doctor, they had a medical clinic with a semi trained staff, but no MD. If they needed one they called one from the outside, who was a Witness. They were always clandestinly hinting that they needed a dentist also. So my question is, did they send someone to medical school just like they do with lawyers to get a medical doctor and dentist?

belbab

• new boy
    new boy

Well most us worked hard there. We took pride in our work...A few didn't they were called a "Jack" or a "Fake Out"...they got so much shit from the rest of us, they pick up the pace or got a job change, The overseers would move you to a job were you couldn't fake out on, say a bindry line or a sewing machine. It was like the rowers in the movie "Ben Hur" you were chained to machine.

Has for Doctors When I got there we had the good Doc Dixon. In fact I set on his table. If you read the rest of my Bethel series I talk about him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit