JW Response to NGO/UN info

by Andrew Farrell 67 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks Kent,

It is an honour to know you. One day I will Email you personaly but I have been way to busy organizing things and working at th same time.

hawk

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

Hawkaw,

I did not get to ask my dad anything....he pretty much shut down the conversation.... too bad. But I agree, patience. Maybe he will mull it over and draw some conclusions, or maybe he won't like the ones he is fed. Doubt it though---he is in it for the long haul! Thanks for the response.

Dee

• anglise
    anglise

"...regularly providing samples of their information materials relating to the work of the UN."

So uhm, which JW is going to have the privilege of sending the Revelation Climax book to the United Nations as a sample of the organisation officialy views the UN and its work?

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Everyone,
    Please don’t let negitive JW responses to this UN info discourage you from getting the truth out. Most will make excuses or dismiss it as a lie.
    That’s okay though. The information is stored in their minds for future reference.
    I know this from personal experience. I used to make excuses for WT all the time.
    I think everyone has a breaking point or last straw. These things just keep piling up and will prove useful when that time comes.
    All that info I stored up over the years came back to me when I reached my last straw.
    Those things help a person to feel more resolved about their decision to get out of the org.
    I’m expecting some responses to the letters I sent out yesterday. Sadly I feel like I just burnt a bunch of bridges. Most of them will cut me off.It's a risk I was willing to take because I want to help as many as I can.
    Ranchette

• openminded
    openminded

This is a response I got about it from a long time witness. Any comment???

On the UN
    Jws are trying to gain recognition for their religion world wide so that JWs can live in peace and carry out the assignment Jesus gave. They have used the international court to resolve issues in Greece, Russia, et al. They also worked with the US government to the same ends. They are also currently working with the French government to resolve the opposition there. But are they involved in politics or legally establishing the good news? Paul also spoke to kings and even appealed to Caesar. Did that put him in bed with the disgusting thing.

Okay I looked at the UN site and what did I find? They are listed along with about every religion and charitable organization in the world. And what were the issues they were involved with? Human rights. Was Paul involved in this issue? Phil 1:7 says " It is altogether right for me to think this regarding all of YOU, on account of my having YOU in my heart, all of YOU being sharers with me in the undeserved kindness, both in my [prison] bonds and in the defending and legally establishing of the good news." If Paul could do this when what is wrong with the WTS pursuing this at the UN level?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    If Paul could do this when what is wrong with the WTS pursuing this at the UN level?

The thing that is wrong is that the WTBTS is NOT dealing with a government. They are aligning themselves, however minutely, with the organization that THEY claim has set itself up in place of God's Kingdom. The organization THEY claim that is intimately connected with false worship. The organization THEY claim will soon turn on those riding "it" to destroy them.

The WTBTS CANNOT "ride the Beast" and then claim to be separate from it.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hi openminded,

I think I would say that I don't think that when Paul did what he did it was wrong, nor when other religions do it is wrong ('It' being, having some kind of involvement with governments, etc. to advance missionary work) However, when an organization who has belittled the UN, made it seem to it's followers to be down right evil and an enemy, and then to have dealings with this org. behind it's followers back (Reminds me of the wizard of Oz...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!) Now THAT is what I find so reprehensible!

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Can you give us his email address so that we can write him?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Can someone show me the verse where Paul signs the agreement to support the beast, and devote a portion of his letters to promoting the beasts agenda?? It escapes me at the moment. I think it's in one of the epistles...

many thanks,

TS

• tdogg
    tdogg

I think you will have to concede the argument that the society is registered with the UN to protect the interests of the preaching activity. That being said you can then point out the fact that the society is actually seeking protection with the UN, the very organization they condemn. Then it would follow that God is not able to, or willing to provide such protction so that the society had to seek protection from the Great Harlot. One may initially close themeselves off to this argument but I guarantee this will linger in their skull for a long time.
    Just remember how many little doubts it took for most of us to accumulate before we could finally see the light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit