JW Response to NGO/UN info
Doc_jedd >just wanted to thank you people for posting this info. ive been into the so called "truth" for 7 years now and ive always thought the GB was BS now i know for sure .... ive been lurking on this site for a while now (oops)and ive learned alot hope to be posting more in the future. guess im an apostate now but , i kinda like knowing what realy is going on. i guess i never realy was that "sheep like" person they thought i was. keep up the good work . thanx jedd
Kent >In a letter to ALL BODIES OF ELDERS of March 1. 2001 we can read:
The property of this Corporation is irrevocably dedicated to religious purposes, and no part of the net earrings or assets of this corporation shall inure to the benefit of a director, officer, or member of the Corporation or any private individual. No substantial pan of the activities of this Corporation shall consist of the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, nor shall this Corporation participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office. This Corporation is organized exclusively for religious purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Articles, the Corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (1) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code) or (2) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States tax code).Does anyone know how to spell HYPOCRITE????Yakki DaKentI need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
Moxy >good answer liberated.non sequitur kent.mox
- Andrew,Thanks for posting that response. I just got done telling my father, carefully, about the WT and NGO etc. Your responsefrom your friend helps me realize that my father is not alone in his lack of reasoning ability.He did say that he found it hard to believe that it was true. I told him I was looking at the internet site and there they are. Told him I called and confirmed it and gave the ph# and MsOca's name as the contact person I talked to and confirmed the info. It took about 1 second after that for him to explain that while he did not know about them being and NGO, he was sure they had a good reason. He likened it to being a citizen of a country.... just because you are a citizen doesn't make you unclean. When I pointed out that it is not like they were just there, they had to join by filling out lengthy paperwork, he said that their being NGO's doesn't make them part of the UN if they stay neutral!!!!I explained that I was deeply upset by the fact that I preached for years that the UN was the Beast the Harlot rode on and to see that the WT is listed on the same list as those other religions the WT condemns for being there was too much for me to bear. He suggested that if it bothered me, I should write the society and see what they have to say. I told him that I would be surprised if they would answer me since I am df'd. He said that was all he could suggest I do. That was it--mind closed, conversation over. He had to go.Wow..... he just did not even see it! All I can say is.... I see it, I am disgusted and glad to have had my eyes opened up!Love,
hawkaw >Kent,Maybe I just missed something here.This seems to be talking about political contributions and influencing legislation etc.Is this what the WTS participation as an "associate" with the UN's DPI is all about? Hmmmm I just don't know ...Well in the "What is an NGO" section at the DPI's web site, it does say in the first paragraph .... "and encourgae political participation at the community level". and the second paragraph ... "to enable the public to understand better the aims and objectives of the world Organization". (Organization is capitalized to refer to the UN).Does this fall in the "carrying on of propaganda"?hmm...Where is the whole letter.P.S. - did you edit your post on the "blank applicationand form" and also publish the "critera for association" document with the "blank application" document I gave you via dungbeetle? hawk
hawkaw >DD,Its tough isn't it. Patience. Its good you didn't treat him like an idiot etc. Go real easy and read further up this thread to a link about how to deal with changing people's beliefs. It will help.Did you tell him the WTS voluntarily solicited the beast and they are promoting the beast and agreeing to the beasts charter just like those other churches?Did you ask him if he felt like the WTS were lying to him or not? That Theocratic War Strategy is tought to get around isn't it.hawk
- Once again I am in awe at the blithe way an active JW can ignore facts and twist them so that they can keep themselves from examining the hypocritical dealings of "Mother".Anyone who can explain away a specific request by the WTBTS to join the UN as a "requirement" is truly unable to comprehend reality.Very sad.
- Welcome Doc jedd.
look foward to your posts.
- Told my mom, dad and brother by showing them on the computer. I was sitting there and told my mom, "hey mom, come here I want to show you something I can't quite understand" I then showed her the UN home page, explained what a NGO is, how it becomes associated with the DPI, and what requirements it must agree with. She was shocked to say the least, and very puzzled. My brother was puzzled too, and proceeded to say that there could be lots of reasons why the signatures of a member of the GB and the writing comittee could be on those documents. I said "how?" and he said "I don't know, forged documents?" The indoctrinated mind will try to make any excuse to hold faithful to the indoctrinator no matter how overwhelming the evidence against them. I felt like telling them it's like what Sherlock Holmes said.....(paraphrasing badly) To take away what you know is false, and whatever is left no matter how unlikely is the truth.......
BW"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein
Kent >I just posted the stuff on the Observer, and I posted the other stuff as well. There shouldn't be any mistakes there.The quote from the BOE letter was something I posted just to show the hypocricy inside the Watchtower. THis time it was about Owning Kingdom Halls, and then there is other rules, naturally.I will post that letter shortly on the observer as well. Actually, I just posted another letter today, http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?NoCache=1&Dato=20011002&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=110020004&Ref=ARYakki DaKentI need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
hawkaw >Thanks Kent,It is an honour to know you. One day I will Email you personaly but I have been way to busy organizing things and working at th same time.hawk
- Hawkaw,I did not get to ask my dad anything....he pretty much shut down the conversation.... too bad. But I agree, patience. Maybe he will mull it over and draw some conclusions, or maybe he won't like the ones he is fed. Doubt it though---he is in it for the long haul! Thanks for the response.Dee
anglise >"...regularly providing samples of their information materials relating to the work of the UN." So uhm, which JW is going to have the privilege of sending the Revelation Climax book to the United Nations as a sample of the organisation officialy views the UN and its work?
Please don’t let negitive JW responses to this UN info discourage you from getting the truth out. Most will make excuses or dismiss it as a lie.
That’s okay though. The information is stored in their minds for future reference.
I know this from personal experience. I used to make excuses for WT all the time.
I think everyone has a breaking point or last straw. These things just keep piling up and will prove useful when that time comes.
All that info I stored up over the years came back to me when I reached my last straw.
Those things help a person to feel more resolved about their decision to get out of the org.
I’m expecting some responses to the letters I sent out yesterday. Sadly I feel like I just burnt a bunch of bridges. Most of them will cut me off.It's a risk I was willing to take because I want to help as many as I can.
- This is a response I got about it from a long time witness. Any comment???On the UN
Jws are trying to gain recognition for their religion world wide so that JWs can live in peace and carry out the assignment Jesus gave. They have used the international court to resolve issues in Greece, Russia, et al. They also worked with the US government to the same ends. They are also currently working with the French government to resolve the opposition there. But are they involved in politics or legally establishing the good news? Paul also spoke to kings and even appealed to Caesar. Did that put him in bed with the disgusting thing. Okay I looked at the UN site and what did I find? They are listed along with about every religion and charitable organization in the world. And what were the issues they were involved with? Human rights. Was Paul involved in this issue? Phil 1:7 says " It is altogether right for me to think this regarding all of YOU, on account of my having YOU in my heart, all of YOU being sharers with me in the undeserved kindness, both in my [prison] bonds and in the defending and legally establishing of the good news." If Paul could do this when what is wrong with the WTS pursuing this at the UN level?
If Paul could do this when what is wrong with the WTS pursuing this at the UN level?The thing that is wrong is that the WTBTS is NOT dealing with a government. They are aligning themselves, however minutely, with the organization that THEY claim has set itself up in place of God's Kingdom. The organization THEY claim that is intimately connected with false worship. The organization THEY claim will soon turn on those riding "it" to destroy them.The WTBTS CANNOT "ride the Beast" and then claim to be separate from it.
- Hi openminded,I think I would say that I don't think that when Paul did what he did it was wrong, nor when other religions do it is wrong ('It' being, having some kind of involvement with governments, etc. to advance missionary work) However, when an organization who has belittled the UN, made it seem to it's followers to be down right evil and an enemy, and then to have dealings with this org. behind it's followers back (Reminds me of the wizard of Oz...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!) Now THAT is what I find so reprehensible!BW"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein
- Can you give us his email address so that we can write him?YERUSALYIM
"Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
[Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]
- Can someone show me the verse where Paul signs the agreement to support the beast, and devote a portion of his letters to promoting the beasts agenda?? It escapes me at the moment. I think it's in one of the epistles...many thanks,TS
tdogg >I think you will have to concede the argument that the society is registered with the UN to protect the interests of the preaching activity. That being said you can then point out the fact that the society is actually seeking protection with the UN, the very organization they condemn. Then it would follow that God is not able to, or willing to provide such protction so that the society had to seek protection from the Great Harlot. One may initially close themeselves off to this argument but I guarantee this will linger in their skull for a long time.
Just remember how many little doubts it took for most of us to accumulate before we could finally see the light.