Debaters: Let's have It Out !

by Amazing 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Doug Farkel with a Sparkel,

I don't want to turn you into anything. I want you to find happiness and continued good health, you stupid freaking moron who thinks that religion can give it to you! You freaking MORON!

I spit my coffe out when I saw this ... it is great to have Farkel with a Sparkel back, mean and nasty as ever.

Just joking, Jim. You are my friend and I only wish the best for you, even if you think some other's belief systems are somehow mystically and inately better than your own morals and ethics which the Creator gave you at birth. :)

I was already at peace with myself and God. I reconciled with the Catholic Church because it is simply a free and open place where I can be me and express my version of Christianity safely. There is also less chance I will run into assholes from the fundy side of life. I was raised RC, so it was more an act of going home, rather than adopting something new or better than what I am.

E-mail me at [email protected] and give me your latest e-mail address. I will e-amil beck my phone numbers so you can call when the Spirit moves you.

Jim

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sorry it took so long to reply, narkissos. I just revisited this thread today.

I'm not familiar with "Celebrants". When you oppose the "person" to the "ritual" do you mean the person of Christ/god or the person(s) of the believers (or both)?

Persons as in people, not the person as in Godhead.

Here's a partial description of a Celebrant.

http://www.insightbooks.com/Celebrants.aspx

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

My argument is summed up in 1 Corinthians 3. Substitute the names of any Christian Religion X and Y for Paul and Apollos and you will have the argument I would present.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thank you jgnat. I thought it was a kind of church. Interesting.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"My argument is summed up in 1 Corinthians 3. Substitute the names of any Christian Religion X and Y for Paul and Apollos and you will have the argument I would present." Indeed it is the fleshly and the immature rather than the spiritual that tend to seggregate into numerous groups over very minor and silly issues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit