Debaters: Let's have It Out !

by Amazing 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Interestingly Nark. I've always said I'm looking for the person who can walk on water rather than talk about someone else who did.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

LT and Narkissos,

Don't take this the wrong way - but I am really enjoying you two guys on this thread! Lilly

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I think I understand lil.

Night all - I'll bow out now.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Q:
    That comment reminds me of the last scene in Da Vinci Code

I wonder if TV has become the modern Church

Didier:
    Are you alluding to Vatican II being a sinking ship?

Lil:
    Its nice to have an open debate to get our teeth stuck into, without anyone losing an eye!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hey Jim,

Is this a freudian slip?

Angelican,

• JeffT
    JeffT

1) I don't think God sweats the small stuff.

2) from God's perspective its all small stuff.

I am a Christian. I believe that the sole source of authority is scripture, but the only way I can understand Scripture is through the guidence of the Holy Spirit as He speaks through my conscience. It is not up to me to decide what is right for the rest of you, I have enough work to do cleaning up my own side of the street.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

There is two things I never debate, religion and politics! Whew, that got me out of a lot of work this evening!

Outaservice (Hey, how about that Hillery Clinton? Whoops, sorry )

• RAF
    RAF

this verse struk my mind when I read it : Matthew 24 : 15
    it just told me : things will getting nasty in what you (may) think being the right place (see A)

15."Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),

all what follow (image) means to me : RUN AWAY FROM IT whatever need you think you can fullfill by staying there

16.then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.
    17.Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house.
    18.Whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak.
    19.But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
    20.But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.
    21.For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.

(A) Jesus says he is the temple ... where is the need to have any temple/Church ... also did he ask to built any temple BTW? NO NO and NO ... all that money could have gone for the poors but NO NO and NO

The whole chapter of Matthew 24 is like the Whole revelation (it's something wich is not happening one after the other it is something happening all together viewed on different angles from the begining) Being christian is not a religion to me it's a phylosophie - you like the masters way and want to copy somehow as good as you can - water baptisme is a personnal vow - nothing more - and the real baptisme is from the holly spirit certainely not by any human organisation) the fall of Babylon is not supposed to be something obvious ... it's all about that at the end we will have enough, enough, enough with their mascarade !!! and we do more and more (religion becomes a real probleme most of us don't want that anymore in their lives)

revelation 17 - is giving the point about who is who ?we know about the abomination which happen from every human church, don't we?

Where do they lead their flock really?to get attached to them only or all together but in one of them (can't we see the harlot in their) did Christ asked to anyone to recognise Peter or being attached to him?)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ozzie,

Angelican,

lol...Yes, that ran through my mind too.

Angelican where Popican't.

HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Did I kill the thread?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit