Why Did Jesus Not Write Anything ?

by choosing life 42 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Good comment, Tyrone; and also uninformed re: the Holy Spirit.

----------

Why did not the people who were "amazed" by Jesus write about him? Could it be they were the illiterate common masses of people, the low-lifes, so to speak; whereas the uppity intellectuals who COULD write are the very ones who did NOT believe in him? and therefore would not have wasted their precious time to write about him?

1 Cor 1:20,21 - Where [is] the wise? WHERE [is] THE SCRIBE? Where [is] the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1 Cor 1:25 - Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Cor 1:27 - But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty...

1 Cor 3:19 - For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their [own] craftiness"...

---------------------

So why didn't Jesus write anything himself? Maybe he did. But I think because he is the Living Word, it wasn't "his job" so to speak, to do so. He knew it would be covered later. Besides, it really doesn't even take any "written word" to believe... a spoken word will suffice just fine... There is more reference to "hearing" in the NT than "reading"...

Romans 10:14 - How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not HEARD? And how shall they HEAR without a preacher?

Romans 10:17,18 - So then faith [comes] by HEARING, and HEARING by the word of God. But I say, have they not HEARD? Yes indeed: "Their SOUND has gone out to all the earth, And their WORDS to the ends of the world."

Romans 11:8 - Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, Eyes that they should not see And EARS that they should not HEAR, To this very day."

---------------------

Again, it doesn't really matter either way, does it? because the people who do NOT want to believe won't, and those who do, will. That's the bottom line. Always has been... And therein is the whole point. FAITH vs. NO FAITH.

John 20:29 - Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed [are] those who have not seen (anything written by me, Jesus) and [yet] have believed."

---------------------

Lastly, skyking... very sad story indeed. The "God of the Bible" as described around these parts (JWD) by mostly angry ex-JWs is not exactly the best place to get to know the "real God" of the Bible who is nothing like the "WT God." I'm sorry you decided to let them convince you that Jesus is not worth believing in... Very sad... Here's hoping someday you'll give Him another chance...

1 Cor 1:18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Cor 1:23 - but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness... (and to angry exJWs who are mad at the WT, super foolishness, it seems...)

1 Cor 2:14 - But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them,] because they are spiritually discerned.

/ag

• evetteto
    evetteto

The Scripture is inspired by the Holy spirit, which cannot be separated from Jesus. The Father, Son and the Holy spirit are One!!

• R.A.W.
    R.A.W.

Evetteto, abigail, and uninformed, and anyone else I missed that does believe in Jesus. Thank goodness there are some people this board know what faith is. I know this makes me sound stupid to the unbelievers, but you don't need proof when you have faith. That is the whole point. Even if there was a bible book written by Jesus, no one would believe it. Because they don't want to. They want to disprove Jesus so that way they don't have to love him. This board is a lurking place for demons. Only the truly faithful can come here and not get taken down by the demonic influence here. One person on the board said they used to believe in Jesus until some posters here "proved" to her that Jesus wasn't real. That is what his board does. If you aren't careful, choosinglife, you too will lose complete faith in Jesus. The evil here eats you alive. Especially when you come here everyday for "encouragement". This board fills your mind with bitterness and resentment when we should be focusing on love. But how can we have time for love when we spend it all here, getting mad at the "borg" and feeling sorry for ourselves. We need to get over it. If we let this organization hold us down we will lose. We'll lose out on a pure relationship with Jesus and our Father that we so desperately need. Also, Jesus wrote the entire Bible. Jesus IS the Word of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit