Why Did Jesus Not Write Anything ?

by choosing life 42 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

Have you ever wondered why Jesus did not put anything in writing? He was here to explain his father to us and teach us how to gain salvation. Wouldn't it have been a good thing to write his instructions down, rather than leave it up to others many years later? The others could have then written about the expansion of Christianity after his death.

Why did he leave everything up to word of mouth?

• startingover
    startingover

Maybe he didn't even exist, or maybe he was just a man like David Koresh and his story got embellished later.

I believe the second one.

That's the only way it makes any sense to me. And beyond that, you would think that a creator capable of doing all the things he is credited with could do a better job of explaining his intentions than through a book like the bible.

• dh
    dh

Aren't the Catholic Church hiding a Gospel written by Jesus in the first person? I think that was one of the things that came up before the end credits on the movie Stigmata, no? It would make sense that he would have written things down.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Because fictional characters are written about and can not write anything themselves. So this is like asking, "Why has Harry Potter not done his own biography?"

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The tradition at the time of Jesus was called mishna which means " the spoken word." It was far too incriminating at the time when Tiberiuos was ruling. Further Jesus was the fulfilment of the mosaic law and simplified it by making love the most important command. Lastly Jesus wanted the new law which was love, to be written in their hearts.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Jesus sure did not establish the basis for a huge printing organization did he?

It probably will be unpopular, but I believe that Jesus was God's Son and he didn't write it down because he could use the Holy Spirit to have it recorded at any time.

Thats my take.

Brant

• poppers
    poppers

And where were the impartial and independent observers of everything that happened? Why didn't they write anything down? Surely word had gotten out about him and there would be scholars, historians, etc. who would want to see for themselves and record what they saw - where are those writings? Or even among the populace who followed him. Surely there must have been some who were literate and could write about their own experiences.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The other question could be why didn't anyone include anything he wrote... I suspect that Jesus did write.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Perhaps he was illiterate?

• z
    z
    The tradition at the time of Jesus was called mishna which means " the spoken word."

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/judaism/FAQ/03-Torah-Halacha/section-10.html

Z

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit