It's my party - Should we invite them?

by Nellie 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    My personal decision in this regard now is that people who don't play an active role in my day-to-day, regular activities, and who show little or no interest in my personal life - either family or old friends - probably aren't interested in my parties (or my funeral either), and don't deserve an invite.

I think this advice of Madam Quixote's is a very good rule of thumb. That they don't get in touch to impart family business to you anymore would indicate that they are going for the full on shun so they would be highly unlikely to come anyway. go with gut instinct though like others have said.

Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary!

• new boy
    new boy

I think I have the idea your looking for. You would like to invite them, but don't what them to come right?

So invite them but tell them its a $300 a person donation..........JWs are cheap by nature so they will make there excuses............and stay home.

• Nellie
    Nellie

You know New Boy I think you're right. I want to invite them, but I don't want them to come . . .

Just as a clarification - this family dysfunction existed even when we were active dubs. I didn't understand it then and I still don't today.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sure, invite them, but make it clear to all guests that all gifts will be sold and the proceeds donated to the Red Cross. Same with proceeds from the cash bar.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit